Forty Six

I hit the snooze button down for the 5 time. I was exhausted. I don't remember a single thing that happened yesterday at the party. All I remember was being carried to bed by Hayden. 

I turned over and placed my pillow over my head just before I heard footsteps run into my room.

"Ma!Ma! Ma wake up!". Asten shouted while jumping on the bed. 

"Asten Memphitz you better stop!" I whispered. 

"I'm sorry ma, but its 8:30 and I have 20 minutes to get to school. You promised you'd drop me to school and talk the teachers about the bullies" I sighed.

Ever since Asten got the surgery that changed his life he had found it hard to fit in. He received a Cochlear Implant Surgery, where they placed a device in his scalp to enable him to hear.

"Why couldn't you wake me up earlier?" I said while stretching. "What did you say the time is again?" 

"Well its 8:40 now, 10 minutes ma!" 

"Oh my, nooo! I'm going to be late for work, I can't get fired. Get Nahla ready, and make her something to eat, while I get ready." I shoo'd him out and ran into my en suite.

I had a quick 5 minute shower and creamed my skin. I rushed back into the room and grabbed my beige chinos, white top, black and white blazer as well as my black and white brogues. I thanked God that they weren't creased and threw them on. 

I looked at my face in the mirror. My outfit looked amazing but I had heavy bags underneath my eyes. I quickly put on some eye makeup and pulled my hair back into a high bun. 

I packed all my essentials into my big beige bag before exiting my room. 

"Everyone out!" I shouted as Nahla and Asten rushed out behind me. "Asten time?" 

"9" I sighed. 

I placed Nahla in the car seat and strapped her in before driving out of the drive.

*

I walked into work with my head held high knowing I would see Chyna.

"Morning Rockelle." 

"Oh hi Jerome, you alright?" I asked as he followed me into my office.

"Yeah I'm great, thanks. I can tell you are to cos you are looking mighty fine if I say so myself" Jerome said while licking his lips at me.

I smiled up at him. "Why thank you lovey. You look good today too,"

I stood up and unpacked my files into my draws.

"So are you coming to the work dinner at the boss’s house tonight?" Jerome asked while watering the plants I had on my window sill. I smiled, he was just too cute.

"Aww thank you for doing that, I forgot all about those ancient plants so thank you. Oh the boss’s party, I'm not sure I've got to look after my kids today." I said while looking up at him for his reaction.

"Oh you have kids? So do I. I've actually got 2. One boy, one girl." He had a massive grin on his face. I could tell he loved them.

"Oh, I've got 3. 2 girls and one boy." 

"How old?" He asked while sitting on the desk while I turned on my laptop.

"Emelia-Rose is 18, Asten's 12 and my baby Nahla just turned 2" I said with a smile on my face.

"Oh cute, my boy, Kyle just turned 15 and my daughter Ella 12." I nodded slowly. "You should come tonight, can't your daughter look after them?" 

"I guess so, if not I'll just ask my pops too, I'll be there." I said while standing up and taking my blazer off.