Chapter 11

Eleven

Abort it…Abort it

That was all that was going through my mind. I was wearing a thin top that showed everything. Everything. Everything had gotten bigger.

My bump was now more obvious but only Malakai knew about it. I unbuttoned the buttons of my Mums favorite jacket.

I rubbed my stomach slowly. This whole thing was messing me up. But I guess that’s what happens when you date your brother’s friend. Ladies…take note.

I leaned over and picked up the family album. The first picture was of my parents at the hospital. Both of them holding either me or Ramel. I love it.

I picked up my phone as it rang.

“Hello.” I spoke into it.

“Yo, Yo yoey. It’s mally…kai. It didn’t rhyme did it?” I laughed.

“Nope it didn’t. You alright though?”  I asked while changing into my tracksuit bottoms.

“You changing?” He asked. I looked around. How’d he know?

“Uh…yeah. How’d you know?” I asked looking and feeling confused.

“Don’t worry. Can I join you?” I laughed.

“Err, no! I aint even in the mood. Have to figure out what I’m going to do with this burden I’m carrying.” I shook my head.

“It aint a burden. But I was meaning to ask you…What are you going to do about it?” I sighed deeply.

I fell back on the bed.

“Well I’m going to do exactly what Wesley wants me to do…Gonna get rid of it.” I stated simply.

“What! Why? Your mum wouldn’t want you to abort her grandchild.” Malakai rushed out.

“Yeah and she also wouldn’t want me to be pregnant at the age of 14.” I said while playing with my hair.

“Your 15 in 3 weeks time…”

“I don’t care. Just another day on the calendar I guess.” There was silence for about 2 minutes.

“How about we contact your dad and let him sort Wesley out before I get to him and then you can keep Malakai jnr?” I could tell he was smiling.

“Well that sounds like a plan but I don’t want my child growing up without both parents in their life.”

“But he won’t. He’ll have me as a dad.” I smiled as I heard a shout.

“MUM MAN! Why you gonna go call Aunt Shalom for? I aint got no one pregnant man! And Elisa why you eaves dropping for? Mind your weave man.”  I laughed.

“Mind your weave? And he? Thank you though Malakai…for everything.” I smiled like he could see me.

“No problem babe. Plus if I aint there for you Hayden and Ramel will be.”

“Now that’s a joke. Ramel definitely won’t be there for me. He HATES me. Didn’t you know? And Hayden CAN’T know. You can’t tell him.”

“Fine Fine! I won’t.”

“Thank you Kai’ Kai. You’ve just made my day.”  I said just as the door opened and there stood Taijah staring at my stomach.

“Bumba rarse…”

“GET OUT!” I quickly covered my stomach.

“Grandma, told me to tell you to come eat.” Taijah said with something on her mind.

“I aint hungry. I’ll be out in 5 minutes.” She walked out.

“Sorry about that Malakai what were you saying?” I asked.

“Well I was going to say…you’ve made my day too.”

“Aww well thank you.”

“But that would be a lie. Cos God made my day.” Malakai said.

“Amen!”

“Amen! Amen. But real talks your BEAUTIFUL Rockelle. Beautiful…Okay? And you have a massive back off which is a bonus. But seriously…don’t make him do something you don’t want to do. Your beautiful...you get me? Don’t let him decide what’s going to happen with your life.” Malakai said.

I didn’t know what to say after that.

“Wow…well Uhm Malakai you’re a hotspice.”

“Hotspice? Mate the only spice I know is Maggie cube.” I laughed. “Come see me and make my day.”

“Will do.”

“You can meet my mum and my Aunt…and well the rest of the family properly.”

“Give me an hour and I’ll be there.” I hung up before putting a proper top on and making my way into the kitchen.

“Grandma…” I kissed her cheek.

“Nice to see you come out of your cave. Take some of everything.” I looked at the banquet on the table.

“Dang…she’s already fat. She doesn’t need to eat. She might just burst.” Ramel said as Taijah laughed.

“Melly…”

“What? You look f*cking pregnant!”

Taijah turned to me.

“Don’t be swearing in my household.”

“He’s right Grandma…I don’t need to eat.” I walked out of the room with Grandma following.

“What’s going on with you? You’ve put on weight and you hardly eat.” Grandma stated.

“I’m…I’m. I’ve got problems…Well not exactly me but a friend of mine. Her names Ro…Rochelle.

“Rochelle sounds a lot like Rockelle.”

“I know right every one wants to be like me. But seriously…she’s pregnant and well…she doesn’t know what to do. So she came to me for advice but….I doesn’t know. She wants to abort it…what do you think she should do?”  I asked referring to me.

“Well this ‘ROCHELLE’ girl should let her parents know and maybe she should close her legs next time.”

“She got raped maw maw.”

“Well then…a baby doesn’t deserve to die but no one deserves to be raped. It’s her choice.”

Well that wasn’t any help.

“Well thanks…I’ll let her know.”