Thirty Six

Filled With Pain- Thirty Six

“Tristan please, I’m sorry.  Talk to me.” I begged.

“...” He ignored me. “Asten sit back.”

“Tristan please, baby I love you. I didn’t mean for it to happen.” I said as the flight assistant walked up to me.

“Ma’am, please take a seat. We are getting ready for takeoff.” She said. I nodded and took my seat next to Emi.

“Ma no offence or anything but...you’re a mess. A hot mess.” I smiled.

“I know baby.” I muttered as I pulled my seat belt.

“Fix Asten’s seatbelt Trist.” I called out.

“I already have. Unlike you I’m actually a good parent. Unlike some...” Tristan murmured. I turned to Emi who watched me with sympathy.

“Ma, I’m scared.” I squeezed her hand.

“Don’t be it’s just a plane flight. Here take these.” I handed her the ear plugs before handing Asten him his ear plugs.

“Help him please...” I asked Tristan who just kissed his teeth.

“Not that ma. I aint scared of plane flights. I’m scared of you and Memphitz. This fight. This is ya’lls first major fight. You aint gon’ split up are you?” Emi asked and I frowned.

“Hopefully not.” I said with a fake smile.

“So are you still getting married? Cos I really want to be a bridesmaid. And then Damien could come.” I looked at the smile on her face. The same smile I gave Tristan when I first met him.

“You really like him don’t you?” I asked.

“mmm. Look what he gave me.” She shoved her hand in my face for me to see an engagement ring on her hand.

“Did he propose? Emi your only 14.” I rushed out.

“Calm down ma. It’s just a promise ring. Look at this necklace. He engraved our names into it.”

“That’s sweet.”

“Gave it to me just before he went to Australia. Cute aint it?” She had a massive grin on her face.

Her grin dropped as she placed her hand on my stomach.

“What are you going to do about this one?” She asked.

“I don’t know. I really don’t. Hold on.” I replied. I stood up as soon as the seat belt sign came off.

“Trist, please let’s sort this out. Theres children involved.”

“Well you should have thought about that.” He said.

“I...I’m sorry. I love you man.” I said.

“We’ll sort this out when we go home...woman.”

I sat back down and thought to myself. How did we get here?

Flashback.

I finished packing my suitcase and sat down rubbing my stomach.

I would never understand how I survived that....How and why did Tristan forgive me? How was I still getting engaged? It was a miracle.

“Mummy’s sorry.” I said as I kissed my fingers and placed it on my stomach.

I sighed. For now I would have to concentrate on the children I have and pleasing my fiancé.