Chapter three

Chapter three

“No, I don’t want to be her no more. She aint gon’ like us. She gon’ tell us to get up and leave her crib.  Let’s just go now Melly!” I started panicking.

 “Shut it Rockelle.” Ramel said before banging on the door. My hand flew to my neck, a habit that came up when I was scared or nervous.

“Stop it! Your necks turning red. Your eyes twitching and your hands shaking. Don’t worry. She gon’ like us.  Who don’t like us? Answer that.  But she won’t like us if you carry on acting like this. You look like a crack head. Making me nervous and shit.” He brought out his wallet and brought out an already rolled blunt before lighting it up.

“Ramel stop!” I knocked on the door once more.

“Dang aint she in? Or maybe she just too damn lazy to get her ass up to open the door. Bitch ass-”Just as I was about to finish my sentence the door opened and there stood a lady who  looked like she was in her late forties/ early fifties.

“There will be no cursing in my house and young man if you don’t put that out right now, hmm...you’ll regret the day your mum gave birth to you.”  The lady said.

“Shut it old lady. You aint my mama.” Ramel shouted while blowing smoke into her face.

“MELLY! Whats wrong wit’chu?” I pushed him back.

“Who you talking to young man?”

“I’m talking to you!”

“Are you okay young man? Are you sure you want to do this? How was my daughter Roselle raising you?” She asked. Now that hurt.

“Don’t bring my ma into this you bitch ass punk!” Ramel shouted in her face and she slapped him.

“OH MY!” I shouted out. She pulled us in.

“Remove your shoes.” We did as we were told. “You will never speak to me like that in your God giving life again. You’re going to have respect for every that is involved with you. You hear? Now go get settled and I’ll share some rules with you.”

We grabbed our things and rushed upstairs.

“She slapped me.” Ramel stated in shock.

“Serves you right. How you calling the old lady a bitch ass punk? You know that’s ma’s mama right?” I pushed him and we sorted ourselves out.

**

Weeks later.

“Grandma, can I have some money?” I asked politely.

“Why?”

“I saw some hot sneakers in the store when I went out with Melly and some snapbacks and I really want them.”

“But I got you some new sneakers last week.”

“Well sorry to rain on your parade, but DANG! I don’t wanna walk around wearing last year’s fashion Aite! I won’t be caught dead in those ugly ass sneakers. And is that what you call a snapback? Oh purleaaaaaaaaase.”  I snapped my fingers and put my hand on my hip.

“Excuse me?”

“I’m sorry, ma’am.”  I quickly said.

“How much you need love?”

“A couple purples. Well I aint know what ya’ll call it yet. The purple and red one, you know with the old ladies head on it.” I attempted to explain myself.

“You mean £20 and £50?”

“Yeah, whatever ya’ll call it. Need a couple of them.” I stated while putting my hand out.

“Lawd of mercy.” She handed me the notes and I left. 

“Thanks maw maw!” I kissed her cheek and left making sure my swag was in check.

I was strolling down the street when I felt the need to sing.

“Who you finna try? Who you finna try? Who you, who you finna try? My swags in check better than the rest.  Doc Martens on, bow tie on. Checkered top on. Skinnies on. So amazzzzzzzzzing!” I sang with my eyes close. “Next Nicki Minaj ya’ll.” I shouted before giggling. I felt myself falling to the ground before looking up slowly to see two boys leaning over me.

“Oh shit! Hayden she dropped.” One of them said. He had a nice skin tone, and canerows.

“So? That aint my problem. She should have been watching where she was walking.” I’m guessing Hayden said. I helped myself up.

“What chu’ looking at? All up in my face. And why your chest so damn hard?” I poked his chest.

“Malakai whats with this girl?” Hayden asked Malakai I’m guessing.

“Whats wrong with you?” I asked.

“Ladies ladies break it up!” Malakai said while pushing us back

“Shut it fool. So you make me drop, and then don’t help me up? What type of foolishness?”

“I like you.” Malakai said while putting his arms around me. “We gonna be great friends.”

I looked at him with confusion clear on my face.