Chapter Seven © COPYRIGHTED.

Chapter Seven

“Why you still standing in my face baby doll?” Daddy said while grabbing my arm and pushing me up the stairs.

“Daddy no! I don’ wanna go home wit’ chu! I wanna stay here in LDN. I like it here. Plus everybody back in Brooklyn hates me...you would know that if you were...never mind.” I stopped.

“If I were what? Huh? And you know what? I don’t even care what chu think! I just want my daughter to be with me back home. Don’t you get that Kimmy?!” My dad shouted in my face. I stepped back.

“DON’T CALL ME THAT.” I shouted back. He knew I hated that name. 

Kimmy was my father’s sister who was addicted to drugs. She sold her body and belongings for drugs. She eventually died of a drug overdose hours before me and Ramel were born.

He slapped me.

“Don’t ever, ever in your God given lifer shout at me again.”  I sat on the stairs in shock. That was the first time he had laid his hands on me.

I pushed him out the way and ran into my grandma’s arms.

“Mama, don’t let him take us please. He can’t.” By then I was crying. I turned to Ramel who was playing with his fingers.

“Adrian, they don’t want to go with you. So just leave. They’ll be fine with me.” My Grandma said while pushing to the door.

“I aint going nowhere without my kids old lady. So fall back.” Pops said while pulling me.

“No daddy. Mommy wouldn’t want us to live with you. And you know that.”  I said while pulling my arm away.

That’s when Ramel stood up.

“You know what? Midnight or whatever ya’ll wanta call yourself. Just go! Bounce outta her. We don’t need you.” Ramel said while putting his hand on dad’s chest.

“Son your just like me. We think alike. You think I don’t know you doing drugs?”

“MELLY!” I shouted in shock. I knew about the weed but that was once in a while.

“I don’t.” Ramel protested.

“But you do. You’re just like me son. Like father like son.”  My Dad said while laughing and pushing his hands away

“I aint na’in like you. I aint murdered no one.  Where you been ‘pops’? Where were you when Rocky was in hospital? When people who are after you attacked her with knives...” I looked down. This happened only 3 months before ma died. I still had the scars on my thighs and back.

“Is this true Rockelle?”  I nodded.

“Where were you when ma died? I bet it was someone that was after you that murdered her. But do you know where you where? Selling drugs and killing people.  You aint my pops.  I aint going back home wit’chu.” With that Ramel sat down.  I could tell that hurt my dad.

“Don’t give a damn. Acting like I even wanted your ass.  Only wanted a daughter.  Just my daughter. Go get ready princess.” My dad said while turning to me and smiling.

“Daddy, how can you say that?” I asked in shock. “That’s my brother. Your son.”

“Shut it and go get ready. The flight leaves in 2 hours.”

**

I had been back in Brooklyn for 2 days now and I hated it.

“Daddy!” I said as I walked into the warehouse to hear screams.

“Boss Daughter.” Big mike said as I got pulled out.

“HEY! Stop. I need to speak to my pops.” I said as my legs swung.

I kicked the guy that was holding me and ran back inside to see some guy limping out.

I stepped in and looked at my dad.

“Daddy...”

“Yes pumpkin.”

“What where you doing to the man?”

“Oh na’in...Just getting my money. What’d you want?”

“Daddy, I’m hungry....and bored. Oh and I need some money.”

“Money? For what? I’ll take you out to eat. But how much do you need.” My dad asked while putting his arm around my neck and walking me out of the ware house.

“A couple hundred.” I started.

“Oh that’s cool...” He went into his wallet.

“Couple hundred thousand.” I said with a shrug.

“YOU MUS’ BE MAD SON!”

“Don’t shout at me daddy, you hurting my feelings.” I lied.

“I’m sorry baby girl.”

“It’s alright daddy...can I go to the mall with my friends?” I lied once more.

“Yeah...take my card.” I took it gave him a kiss.

“Oh and one more thing...get one of your ‘friends’ to drop me please.”

**

I knocked on the door and waited.

“Rockelle is that you?”  Wesley said. I turnt around and smiled.

“Yeah. Can I come in?”  I moved him to the side and stepped in. “Is your ma home?”

“Nah, do you wanna go upstairs?”

“Aite.”

We walked up the stairs and I sat on his bed.

“So how was London?” Wesley asked while turning his laptop on and playing some slow jams. I gave him an awkward look.

“Don’t try anything Wes...” I laughed slyly. I really did love him. “It was good...had fun”

I felt myself lay on the bed and his hands all over me.

“Stop...” He kissed me and I smiled.

“I turnt 17 yesterday...you promised me something.”

“I know but I changed my mind.”  I stated. He grabbed my arms and the temp tattoo was shown.

“Is this why? Cos of this Malakai fool. You already gave it up to him huh?” He looked angry.

“What? No!”

“Why you lying Rockelle?” He grabbed me and threw me on the floor.

“I aint! Why’d I even come here?”  I attempted to walk out. When he stopped me.

“You aint going nowhere without giving me what I want. My little Rockelle.”