Chapter 38 - FULL;

Chapter 38

"Push! Come on Rockelle, push! You can do it!" Khalil shouted down my ears. 

"N-no...I can't do it. It hurts." I said as I placed my head down on the pillow. I screamed out in pain as a striking pain went through my lower abdomen. I pushed with all of my strength. I looked up at Khalil who looked horrified. 

"What's wrong? What's going on?" I asked as I attempted to sit up straight.

"Stay down Rocks'" Khalil stuttered as he pushed me back down onto the bed. I looked at the nurses and doctors for an answer but they all avoided my glare.

"What's wrong with my baby?" I asked.

"Were so sorry, Miss Quinns" they handed me my baby. He wasn't moving, his chest was still.

"What's wrong with my baby?" I cried.

"You had a still birth, rocks." Khalil stammered. My mouth dropped. I couldn't cry. I glared down at my dead baby. 

***

I woke up, covered in sweat. That was the 5th night that, I've had that dream. Or should I say nightmare. I was just over a week overdue, and all I wanted was this baby out of me.

I checked the time, 7am. I decided to get up and get ready. I had an hour before I had to pick Khalil up from the airport. He decided that he and Tameka should spend there February holidays with us. I jumped into the shower and cleaned myself off. I sat on the toilet and creamed. When I was finished I stood in front of the mirror. I looked disgusting, stretch marks, swollen ankles and on top of that I looked huge.

I left the bathroom and got dressed. Yellow Maxi dress and yellow sandals. It was quite hot considering it was mid February. I tied all my hair up into a pony tail. I packed my bag. I looked at the picture on my wall. My babies. Asten, Emelia- Rosé and Tristan. I couldn't believe she was actually pregnant. Ah well, there was nothing I could do about it. Whats done is done. Abortion was out of it. I stepped downstairs and into the kitchen to see my dad cooking. That was his speciality. 

"Oooh smells good pops." I stole some bacon.

"Thank you, thank you. You know how your pops does. Where you off too? You look beautiful." Pops said.

"Picking up, Khalil. Pssst I don't feel it." He nodded

"Trust me you look beautiful, glowing and all sorts. Look like your mamae"I smiled slightly

"Thanks," 

"Now sit down and eat, poppa Carlos food" he winked.

I grabbed a plate and begun to dig in. Felt like heaven.

After I was done, I rubbed my stomach. 

“I know you love my food but DANG!" 

"It’s this baby! I'm nearly a week overdue. You’re taking me to the hospital if my water doesn't break today." He laughed. He was in a good mood. I thought about it and decided to test my luck. 

"Daddy, you see how I'm your only daughter, and you love me"

"What do you want?"

"Jaguar" he went into his pocket and tossed me his car keys. 

"Take the range rover." I kissed my teeth. Better than nothing. He kissed my cheek before walking up the stairs. I grabbed a muffin before leaving. 

I sparked up the car, and went on my journey. I reached the traffic lights and stopped. I could have sworn I saw Tristan walking past with some girl. I paused. It was just what l wanted to believe, I told myself.