Twenty-Two

Twenty-Two.

“Emi, whats wrong?” I said as I held her up in the air.

She just carried on crying. I shook her abit.

“Emelia, stop crying your going red” She carried on. 4 hours straight.

My head was pounding by now.

I wiped her tears.

“Waaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaa!”  I could feel tears coming from my eyes now.

“Come on Emelia-Rose. SHUT UP! Just stop.”  I had, had enough.

I put her back in crib and left her.

I felt bad, but being awake from midnight trying to get her to sleep. Then awake from 1 trying to get her to stop crying. This was hell.

I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep.

Fail.

The door opened and there stood Grandma wearing a robe.

“Its 5 am, Rockelle. What is going on in here?” Grandma said while walking up to the crib.

“Grandma, I’m sick and tired of this! She’s been crying since 1am. I can’t do this anymore.” I said as she got louder. “I’m tired...tired.” I cried.

“Whats wrong with her?”

“I have no idea!”

“Maybe she’s hungry.” She suggested.

“Nope, I’ve tried that!” I said.

“Well, she’s only 4 months old. You don’t leave her crying in the crib. That could kill her. You know what get some sleep and I’ll sort her out.” Grandma said while picking Emelia-Rose up and walking out.

“Thank you maw maw!” I said while going make to sleep.

**

“Hello!?” I spoke into my phone as it woke me up.

“How was your sleep babe?”  I heard in my phone.

“Malakai! Oh my gosh! Mally, I’m so sorry! Please...I miss you.”  I said as I sat up straight.

“Malakai? Nah its Khalil babe. How was your sleep then?”  Khalil said. I sighed.

“Horrible...But that’s a different story. But how are you?” I asked while stretching. I stood up and stepped into Grandma’s room to see Emelia awake on the bed waving her hands around.  I stepped in and picked her up.

“Khalil, hold on. 2 minutes just sorting something out.” I said before kissing her cheek. She giggled. “Emi, Emi!” I shook her. “I’m sorry baby. Mummy’s sorry.”

I picked up the phone.

“Sorry Khalil, I was sorting something out. What were you saying?”  I asked while putting Emelia down and getting her bath ready.

“Oh yeah...did you figure out what ‘I vous aimez de votre belle’ means?” Khalil asked.

“Oh dang, I forgot.” I admitted.

“Well...it means ‘I like you. You’re beautiful’. That’s what it means” There was an awkward silence.

“I’ve messed up. Haven’t I?” Khalil said.

“Oh no...You haven’t. It’s just...awkward? I didn’t expect that. Well thank you anyways.” I smiled before picking Emi up and placing her into the bath carefully.

She giggled while swinging her hands away. I held her carefully while cleaning her.

“Hmm....Rockelle are you free today?” Khalil asked.