Chapter 5

Melissa's POV

As the new Gryffindor's chaser, I indeed need some training from my other teammates. I walk alongside Harry as I listen to Wood speak. "I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are gonna train earlier, harder, and longer. What- I don't believe it! Where do you think you're goin', Flint?" Just as Oliver was speaking, the Slytherins decide to pay us a visit. Isn't that lovely? Flint informs us that he's practicing for quidditch but we've booked the pitch for today. However, flint doesn't allow us to have our way, he has a note from my own father. As Flint hands over the note to Oliver, he sighs out of annoyance. I try to achieve a better view of the note. "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker. You've got a new Seeker. Who?"

I guess I'll have to talk to my father about this, I thought he knew that they were training me? Guess he didn't care that much. As Oliver asks who the mystery new seeker was, all of the slytherin's step aside to allow Draco Malfoy to make an entrance. "Malfoy?" That name escapes Harry's mouth.

Harry then looks at me for an explanation. "Don't look at me Harry, I had no idea." I have to admit, I am surprised that Draco is on the team; he never fails to surprise me everyday.

"That's right. And that's not all that new this year." Everyone in the Gryffindor team looks to the floor as we all witness the Slytherins all have the latest broomstick.

"Those are Nimbus Two Thousand and Ones! How did you get those?" Those exact words flow from out of Ronald's mouth, I have no how he was even standing next to me. I didn't even notice him this whole time. Flint then informs us that it was a gift from Draco's father.

"You see Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Okay that was way too far, why'd he have to say that?

I was about to speak up for Ron when Hermione butted in. "At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got it on pure talent." Okay damn, is it me or did my best friend work on her comebacks this summer? I'm proud, the student is now learning from the master.

Draco turns to glance at Hermione and spits out the next few words. "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood!" A jolt of anger ran through my veins as he spoke the one word that I vowed forbidden. Everyone stood there all gasping at the one word Draco allowed to slip from his mouth.

Ron then takes it upon himself to take out his wand from his robe as he spits the next few words out of anger. "You'll pay for that one, Malfoy. Eat slugs!" As the spell shoots out of Ron's wand, it doesn't last long until it backfires on himself. The spell causes Ron to go flying back and fall painfully hard onto the ground. Out of instinct, I shove Draco out of the way before going to aid my friend. When I reach where Ron was laying, he looks as if he was about to be sick. Hermione desperately tries to get Ron to say something but he's in too much of a sickened state to utter a word. Ron immediately turns around and a slug comes out of his mouth. I wince at the disgusting view before me. Collin tries to get better photos of Ron but Harry doesn't let him as Harry's clearly focusing on the mess Ron got himself into.

"Let's take him to Hagrid's. He'll know what to do." Harry announces as the three of them rush out, I debate whether I should follow them or shout at Draco. I decided to quickly pay the not so friendly slytherin a quick visit.

"How could you?!" I shout as I strode towards him. "You're cruel use of words disgust me." Out of rage, I bring my hand towards his face and slapped him. Draco feels his face a second after my hand left his face. The redness lingers there not wanting to leave Draco's cheek. You can tell that I'm furious; Draco searches in my eyes for an acceptance of his behaviour but I don't dare let one out.

His face suddenly flinches and transforms into a worried and regretful look. Just as he was about to utter a word. "Save it, what good would it do?" I whip my head around as I walk into the direction towards Hagrid's as I witness that in the distance, my friends were already half way there.

"Wait! Melissa!" Those few words came out of Draco's mouth as he rushes towards me but it doesn't stop me from moving. Draco gently grabs my arm and uses it to turn me around.

"What do you want?! What's done is done." I declare. He stands there defeated as he sinks back into misery.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" He sounds desperate, in need of attention. "Please... tell me, I can't and won't lose you." My eyes look into his eyes and all I can come to terms with was that he's regretting that one word from his mouth. I shake my head not knowing what to say as I am purely shocked that he wants to redeem himself.

"You could start by apologising.. not to me.. to Hermione." Draco nods in acceptance as he realises that he has to perform an act of kindness which was new to him. "And.. I want you to do something for me. Something that will be funny to witness in my eyes." The words that come out of my mouth confuses Draco.

"What do you wish to have me do? I'll do anything." Woah, he is desperate, I debate thinking in my head of the possibilities I can make Draco apologise.

"I've got it but it's a surprise. Just meet me in the great hall after dinner tomorrow night." Draco quickly nods his head without arguing. "Okay but right now, I need to see if Ron is okay." Draco understands my need and rush to get to Hagrid's as he lets go of my hand but he doesn't let me disappear just yet. He walks closer towards me leaving only a centimetre that splits us; he leans down to the height of my ear as he whispers the next two words. "Until tomorrow Melissa." He leans back into his original position as I turn around and sprint towards Hagrid's. Draco's voice lingers in my mind as I scurry off.

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, I was out of breath by the time I got to Hagrid's. Nearly tripping over my own robes. I knew exactly where I was going, I've embroidered Hagrid's location in my brain a long time ago. After about 2 minutes of sprinting I come across his hut. I knocked on the door before taking a deep breath. Hagrid opens the door and notices it was me immediately. "Ah, here she is."

Hagrid quickly let's me in as I thank him, Harry looks up at me before speaking. "Where have you been?" I glanced at my three friends before my breathing came back to normal.

"I set Draco in his place, what'd you think I was doing?" Harry just chuckles at my comment as he knew I wouldn't have shown mercy towards Draco. However, I did..but that was only because he so desperately needed it. Hermione sends me a thankful look as I realise that she had indeed let a few tears escape from her eyes. I embraced her into long overdue hug. "Don't listen to him, okay? You're not what he said you were, you're brilliant Mione and you could beat him in a duel any day. Plus, I expect he would be apologising soon." Hermione sends me a wave of confusion because Draco is not one to apologise for his behaviour. However, I insist that he will, after all he did say he would. "How's Ron?" I turn to ask Harry and Harry informs me that Ron is still throwing up slugs which makes me throw a look of sympathy towards Ron as I witness a slug coming out of his mouth.