Year 2 - Chapter 1

I am back and I will be posting every Wednesday! Thank you guys for being patient with me, I just haven't had a lot of time to write as I have been busy writing my other book. I hope to be on track soon!

Melissa's POV

Italy was a place I will remember forever, it was beyond beautiful and magical. The ocean was the perfect temperature and Italy made me see the beauty beyond the country I live in. The change of weather felt abnormal and I can't of had a better vacation. I told both Hermione and Ron my adventure in the wondrous place. Hermione and I were walking down the alley of diagon alley when we both spotted a boy with circular scar and a face you can't mistake. We also saw a half giant along with the boy; Hermione and I ran up to them. "Harry! Hagrid!" Hermione exclaims out of pure excitement to see the two.

Hagrid greets both Hermione and I. Harry surely has changed over the summer. His hair was just as messy as always but he didn't look so young and innocent. He seemed to have gotten taller too, he was the perfect height. We make eye contact and it's like I'm a magnet; I can't look away from those bright green eyes that remind me of a meadow. I smiled at Harry and immediately embraced him for a hug. He whispered into my ear saying he missed me. "I missed you too, Harry. May I ask why you didn't write to me back?" Harry informed me that a house elf had stolen all his letters that we wrote. He didn't get to read a single one. I wondered why a house elf would want to do such a thing but then again, it's Harry Potter who we're talking about.

Harry's POV

Wow. How is it even possible that Melissa got even more beautiful over the summer? I could gaze into those dark brown eyes of hers all day long. Her hair glows in the sun so perfectly; as if she had a spotlight just above her. She has gotten a little taller too, not as tall as me which is cute. Her skin is flawless, she's flawless. Alright, I get it. I'm crushing big time. Who doesn't have a crush on her? She has the most kindest heart and an amazing personality. As she speaks, I'm mesmerised; I'm so happy to finally see her. It's been too long, I don't know how I've coped.

Melissa's POV

"What have you done to your glasses?" Hermione interrupts our conversation. Harry stumbles on his words clearly confused on what he did.

"Melissa, do you want to do the honours or should I?" Hermione asks me.

"I would love to." I took out my wand to say the spell Harry clearly needs to learn. "Oculus reparo." Harry's glasses immediately mended themselves as I spoke the spell.

"I definitely need to remember that one." I laugh as Harry commented. The amount of times he has broken his glasses are uncountable. Hagrid tells us that he should get going so we wave goodbye.

Hermione and I then gesture for Harry to follow us. "Come on! Everyone's been so worried!" As soon as we enter Flourish and Blotts, Mrs Weasley fusses over Harry.

"Oh, Harry! Thank goodness! We'd hoped you'd only gone one grate too far..." Just then, I hear a voice saying that Mr Grilderoy Lockhart. This man, he's obviously a fake, he's not anywhere close to modest and I certainly don't see him as a person I inspire to be. Ron comments on how his mother fancies him which makes me laugh. A photographer starts to take pictures of Grilderoy Lockhart when suddenly Lockhart notices something in the crowd or should I should I say someone?

"It can't be- Harry Potter?" As the photographer hears the name 'Harry Potter' being spoken he whips his head around and notices the boy standing next to me. The photographer forcefully dragged Harry towards Lockhart in hope to get him in a picture for the Dailey Prophet. "Nice big smile, Harry. Together you and I rate the front page!" Lockhart whispers to Harry thinking nobody heard him but we all did. "Ladies and gentlemen, what an extraordinary moment this is. When young Harry stepped into Flourish and Blotts this morning to purchase my autobiography, magical me, which, incidentally is currently celebrating its 27th week atop the Daily Prophet bestseller list, he had no idea that he would, in fact, be leaving... with my entire collected works, free of charge." With that, Lockhart dumps a stack of books in Harry's hand. "Now, ladies?"