Chapter 11

This is the last chapter of year 2! I am going to end this book and start another book! I will start posting soon, I'm not sure what date but I will let you guys informed! 

Narrative POV

Ever since Melissa has been petrified, her father has been worried sick. He's stayed day in and day out with her in the hospital wing. He slept in the bed which was beside her and never let her out of his sight. Even when he slept, he was restless, he just watched her and prayed that she would finally be cured. Dumbledore had even let him not teach any classes because he just felt too anxious leaving her alone - in case the attacker were to come back and finish the job. Melissa's father just felt the need to protect her at all cost and he felt extremely guilty for failing at his job.

Harry, Ron and Hermione felt extremely guilty for ignoring her for the past few weeks. They ached for their clever, talented, and kind friend to awaken. There was nobody to make them laugh or make sarcastic comments. They missed her far too much. Hermione soon followed Melissa into the hospital soon after. Dumbledore thought it would be fitting if Melissa and Hermione were to be next to each other. Both of them had been petrified which meant Harry and Ron were more than motivated to find out what creature did this and who's controlling the creature. Harry had built a sense of hatred inside of him for whoever hurt his two best friends. Harry started punishing himself over and over again. He could have told her to come with them when they left the Slytherin common room. He was too anxious about being caught that he left the girl he secretly had a crush on in danger.

Draco knew exactly what beast attacked her considering Melissa told him. He also punished himself for letting her go all by herself. He should have gone with her he thought. He wondered again and again how she got petrified. She didn't have a mirror..there was no water on the floor or a reflection to look into. He kept torturing himself by never putting his mind at ease. He visited her everyday in the hopes that she would somehow magically wake up. He was lonely. He had no real friend to talk to. He just sat in the hospital talking to her about his day and how much he missed her. Of course she would never reply but it made him feel a little bit better. Draco had managed to build the courage to hand over the book Melissa was holding over to Harry and Ron. He knew they would somehow figure out a way to kill the basilisk. Draco had to chew up his pride and bite down his hatred towards the two of them for Melissa. He had to do right by her he thought. Therefore, he did.

——————

Melissa's POV 

It's been a few weeks but I was finally un-petrified. Madame Sprout had a very healthy growth of Mandrakes which enabled me to be cured. My father and I were both in the hospital wing as I had just woken up. My eyes slowly start to flatter open and I start to stretch my arms as they have stayed in the same position for quite some time. I slowly start to sit up on my bed and notice my father was sitting on a chair by my bed. 

"Hi dad." I utter ever so quietly. 

"Hello sweetie. How are you feeling?" 

"Alive. How are you?" I ask as I start to become more awake. 

"You shouldn't worry about me. Worry about yourself, I was so scared I would never talk to you again." My father stresses as I smile softly. 

"I'm okay dad. You taught me well, practising lots of spells really does pay off." I answer back as my father laughs slightly. 

"I'm guessing you used Protego to protect yourself then?" My father asks, however, it sounds like more of a statement than a question. I nod my head accordingly. "I love you Melissa. You're the only light in my life and you mean the world to me. After losing your mother was hard enough, you're my daughter and I can't lose you too!" My  dad exclaims lovingly.