Chapter 20

Hello readers! Sorry that this is a late post, I usually post earlier on a Saturday, I just had a lot of things to do today. I have a few more weeks left of school and then I am on Christmas break! I am currently deciding what presents I should give to my friends for Christmas. I have also had so much homework recently, hate that, but then again who doesn't? I hope that you are all okay and I hope that you have a lovely weekend!

1108 words

Melissa's POV

As Hagrid had reached our current location, I immediately knew that Harry and I needed to desperately inform Ron and Hermione of what just happened. Many thoughts and emotions were running through my mind and I was struggling to keep count of them. As all of us walked back towards the castle, there was silence in the air. Purely out of shock of what Draco, Harry and I had witnessed. Of course I was terrified of you know who, I mean he's out there right now hanging onto dear life. When we finally reached the castle, Draco and Hagrid had went there separate ways. I quickly said goodbye to Draco as he thanked me for saving his life. I watched him walk off to the Slytherin common room before Harry nudged me singling us that we had to go to ours. All four of us sprinted back to the common room as Harry and I needed to inform Hermione and Ron about what had happened. We couldn't just tell them in the castle, anyone could have been listening . We needed a private place to talk and what better place is there then the Gryffrindor common room? As soon as we reached the common room, Harry and I blurted out the incident we were just in, both Hermione and Ron were shocked as we told them what we had learnt from the centaur. "You mean You-Know-Who's out there, right now, in the forest?" I nodded at Ron, still not being able to speak to him because of what he said about my father. "But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back." Harry was the one talking because at this point, I've given up on supporting my father, they will never believe that he's a good person. I will just have to prove them wrong. "But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Oh yes, he will. Definitely. Harry's dead if Voldemort comes back to life. "I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me tonight but Melissa saved me." Harry glanced my way so represent his gratefulness. Hermione interrupts our little moment by reassuring that Harry's safe as long as Dumbledore is around, he's the wizard that Voldemort fears the most. Well now Voldemort can fear me considering of what he witnessed tonight. I think this comforts Harry, he can feel safe now.. right?

THE NEXT DAY

Melissa's POV

In the distance, I notice Harry, Ron and Hermione running towards Hagrid's hut so I decided to join them. I tried to catch up with them but by the time I reached to the place which they had stopped and were deep in conversation. All I heard was "Well, of course he was interested in Fluffy! How often do you come across a three headed dog, even if you're in the trade? But I told him. I said, 'The trick with any beast is to know how to calm him. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep." That's all I needed to hear to look at the others with pure excitement and worry in our eyes. Now we know how to get past the three headed dog, I don't know about you but I'm up for an adventure. Harry starts to run off which makes me frustrated as I just came from running, now I've got to do it again. Nevertheless I sprint after him, I feel like my legs are about to fall off. Harry lead us towards professor McGonagall's classroom, he sprinted in and gave no sign of greeting. He got straight to the point and blurted out in desperation "We have to see Professor Dumbledore, immediately!" Professor McGonagall eyes Harry with awareness and replies " I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London." Fantastic, just what we need, Dumbledore to be out of hogwarts grounds. Now it will make it ten times easier for who know who to come after Harry and finish his unfinished business."He's gone?! Now? But this is important! It's about...the Philosopher's Stone." Harry's the only one speaking at this moment in time, I can't add any information as I was clearly not aware of their discussion w Hagrid, I only happened to hear the end of it. Professor McGonagall questions on how Harry knows about such a thing, I mean I get it, Harry isn't exactly a know it all. "Someone's going to try and steal it." Oh so now you say someone, just a few moments ago you were keen on it being my father, the audacity. "I don't know how you four found out about the stone, but I can assure you it is perfectly well-protected. Now would you go back to your dormitories? Quietly." We all reluctantly do as she says not daring to disobey her, I am disappointed she doesn't believe us. We carry on walking so there is some distance apart from professor McGonagall's classroom and us. Harry doesn't waste any time to speak. "That was no stranger Hagrid met in the village. It was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy." Okay? What have I missed? Stranger? Now I'm confused, it's probably something Hagrid stupidly informed them with. "And with Dumbledore gone." Hermione states but my father creeps up on us. Which doesn't help because I'm trying to prove that he's a good person, how am I meant to do that if he's just so.. terrifying. "Good afternoon. Now, what would four young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside on a day like this?" Well it's not like I can slither my way out of this one. Hermione struggles to answer my fathers intimidating question. "You want to be careful. People will think you're.. up to something." My father glares at Harry for a moment before strutting off. "Doesn't he ever wash that black cloak?! He wears the same one everyday!" Ron puts his irrelevant statement out in the open which angers me "actually Ronald, he has 7 of them, one for everyday of the week." I rudely mock Ron, not being able to be in the mood for his words which leads to a eye roll sent from Ron. Harry then tells us that we are going through the trapdoor.. tonight.