Chapter 6

Chapter 6 is here! Thank you all for reading my book! Ahh it's my birthday today so I wanted to do a treat for you guysss.

950 words

Melissa's POV

Professor McGonagall's lesson had ended therefore Harry, Ron, Hermione and I bolted out, faster that lightening. "We have potions now, with Professor Snape." Hermione informed us. I was happy to see my father on my first day of hogwarts. Harry and I immediately engaged into a conversation whilst we left Ronald and Hermione to walk in awkward silence. That is, until we involved them in our conversation. When we reached the classroom, a whole lot of nerves came across me. All these thoughts came across my mind if I would mess up in potions. I can't afford to let that happen, Hermione seemed to notice my distort facial expressions and assured me that everything will be alright.. I just hope that she's correct. As I walked in the classroom I immediately took the seats at the front without hesitation. Harry sat on the right of me and Hermione on the left. Everyone had seemed to be busy with their conversations. My father had not yet come in but when he did, god he acted intimidating. Of course it was all a look, he's not really like that.. at least I not that I know of. He just slammed the door open.; he didn't even welcome us to potions, he just got straight to the point.. "There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However for those select few who possess the predisposition.. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame and brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention." At this moment on time, I see Harry not even looking at my father.. he's writing notes on what my father is saying. I can tell my fathers blood was boiling because he hates when people don't look at him when he's trying to teach stuff.. I should know, he's taught me many things. I decided to nudge Harry in the arm because he still seams unknown to the fact that Snape is talking directly to him. Harry looks at me and mumbles a 'what' but I just tilt my head towards the direction of where my father is standing. Harry then seems to realise that he's in big trouble.. "Mr Potter, our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powder of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" How the hell is Harry supposed to know that? He's just realised that he was a wizard a couple of days ago and he's still getting used to the fact that he's the boy who lived. My father can be inconsiderate sometimes and I will not stand for it, especially because I am the only one that's allowed to tease Harry. Hermione's hand straight away shoots up.. Of course I know the answer but I am more worried about Harry right now. Harry just shakes his head.. "You don't know? Well let's try again.. where Mr Potter would you look if I asked you to find me a beazor?" Obviously it's a stone that is taken from a goats stomach and it will save you from most poisons.. but how is Harry supposed to know that? Straight away, you guessed it, Hermione's hand goes up.. "I don't know sir." Harry clearly looks dumbfounded but you can't blame him. "And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" Oh come on! Just stop it already, he clearly doesn't know! "I don't know sir." Snape's facial expressions are a mixture of disappointment and proud because he's made a fool out of one of his students.. never in my life would I think he would do that. "Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr Potter?" You can practically hear my the anger bursting out of me.. I wasn't going to contain my anger for much longer! "And how the hell is he supposed to know that? We came here to learn, not for you to ask silly questions." My father just looked at me and gave me a glare. There was no way that he was going to get out of this easily. "And for your information, he was listening, he was writing notes on what you were saying." My father whips his head around to look at what Harry was writing. Then my father gets a look of embarrassment across his face because he realises that I am again, correct. "Very well.. Melissa, because you seem to be confident, why don't you give us the answers to my questions." I roll my eyes because the questions were just to easy. "Alright then. If you combine Powdered Root of Asphodel and an infusion of Wormwood, you'd brew a sleeping potion. And it would be so powerful. It is known as the Draught of Living Death. A beazor is a stone you would have to find it in a goats stomach. It can save you from most potions but it definitely can't save you from a basilisk venom. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite." I'm proud to say that I know my stuff, my father looks pleased of my knowledge but it doesn't last long. "You heard Melissa, everyone write it down." Harry looked at me a muttered a 'thanks'. I told him that it was no problem, that's what friends are for.