Chapter 4

Hey readers, thank you for all the support, I really appreciate it. I love you all and thank you for picking my book to read! I hope that you are all well and enjoy this chapter.

2044 words

Harry's POV

When the train finally reached hogwarts, Hagrid escorted them to the boats. Harry, Ron and Melissa shared one. I held my hand out for Melissa to help her onto the boat which she gratefully accepts. "It's just like when we first met" she commented. As the boats travelled along the black lake, all three of us were amazed by the beauty of the view ahead of us.. it was definitely a sight to remember. As soon as we arrive at hogwarts, all the children head up the stairs to see somewhat witch? Standing and waiting patiently in front of us. All the chattering amongst the students seem to die down as they see her. "Welcome to hogwarts, now in a few moments you will pass through these doors and join your classmates but before you can take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. There are gryffindor, hufflepuff, ravenclaw and slytherin. Now, while you're here, your house will be like your family, your triumph will earn you points, any rule breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup." Professor McGonagall was suddenly interrupted by a boy that I am guessing is neville. "Trevor!" The boy then gulps as he sees Professor McGonagall staring at him and the laughter of the children. Neville then mutters a short "sorry" before returning to the place where he stood. Professor McGonagall then carries on "the sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Then, with that she exits to the great hall. "So it's true then.. what their saying on the train, Harry Potter has come to hogwarts." Says the same boy that Melissa bumped into in diagon alley. He sees my face and then mentions this.. "it's you again..." I can practically feel the anger of Melissa building up. "This is Crabbe and I'm Draco Mal-" Before the boy can continue, Ron sniggers at draco's name which provokes him. "Think my names funny do you? No need to ask for yours, red hair and a hand me down robe. You must be a Weasley." Melissa is quick to reply at draco's offensive comment. "Bleached platinum blonde hair and a arrogant attitude, you must be a Malfoy." Melissa was so fast to comment back, I couldn't help but blush on how brave she was to speak out. Melissa crosses her arms over her chest and I see Ron giving her a thankful look for standing up for him. Malfoy glares ay Melissa and decides to ignore her. "You see Potter, some wizard families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort, I can help you there." This time malfoy held his hand out for me to shake because he clearly wanted to be friends. I guess it's my turn to turn him down, just like he did to me in diagon alley. "I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." I can tell that Melissa is proud that I did this, which I am happy about. Professor McGonagall taps draco on the shoulder with what seems to be a rolled up piece of paper. "We are ready for you." Draco then returns back to his rightful place. I hope that it stays that way, in a perfect world he won't irritate me again but something tells me that he's not the type of person that will let this go. Ugh he might me a second Dudley.

As we walk along the aisle, I hear hermione saying that the sky was bewitched to make it look like the outside sky. Seriously, what doesn't this girl know? I'm still amazed on how I even got into hogwarts. I also witness Melissa waving to her dad and he tries to hide his smile. Then Professor Dumbledore stands up to say a few words. "I have a few start of term notices that I would like to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounce to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death." His speech frightens me a bit, I am not going to lie. That's definitely got me a bit worried about what school I'm attending to.. at least it's not anywhere beyond the Dursley's reach. My thoughts were heckled by Professor McGonagall tells us that she is going to place the sorting hat on all the students so I immediately get tensed about what house I am going to be sorted in. I can feel someone brush their hand on mine.. is it Melissa? I look down to see it was her and a wave of embarrassment washes over her but I instantly mouth that it's okay and I gently squeeze her hand. I decided not to let go of her hand and neither does she let go of mine. I smile to myself but can't seem to ignore a death glare from a professor.. it's her father.. but I just shake the feeling off for now. A few names were called, Hermione was sorted into gryffindor. Draco was sorted into slytherin and I can see the glare exchange that he and Melissa share. Ron then mentions that there's not a witch or wizard that hasn't gone bad that wasn't in slytherin. Melissa gets upset by this because of her father. "My dad turned out just fine. Amazing actually, there's nothing in his nature that's bad. My dad is a very good person with a kind heart." I can't help but smile on how much she loves her dad. It makes me wonder if she's like that to her mum.. wait.. Melissa has never mentioned her mum.. what happened to her mum? I decide not to ask because it's a bit rude of me to do and it may be a sensitive topic. Then out of nowhere, Melissa's name is said.. "Melissa Snape." she's nervous and I can feel it. She lets go of my hand and I immediately miss the feeling; she walks up towards Professor McGonagall and the hat is placed on her.

Melissa's POV

I walk up to Professor McGonagall, I just wish I had a few more minutes with Harry. All my nerves are taking over me but my dad sends me an encouraging smile and then I feel a little more relaxed. The sorting hat as trouble sorting me into my house.. it talks about how I am very loyal and could be a hufflepuff. The hat then mentions that I am just like my mother and I have the intelligence of a ravenclaw. When the hat mentions my mother, I instantly get confused.. my mother went to this school? How come my dad failed to mention this? I have to talk to him later, I can see that he is slightly uncomfortably shifting in his seat. The hat the mentions on how I could be sorted into slytherin just like my father but then decides that my nature is more like a gryffindor. As you guessed it, the hat sorted me into "GRYFFINDOR!" As I look at my dad across the room, he just raises his glass and smiles at me. My own father, head of slytherin house is proud that his daughter was sorted into gryffindor. For a minute, I forget about the sorting hat and just exchange smiles with my father. Then I decided walk like the queen i am to my seat. I decided to sit next to hermione, leaving a space for harry. Hermione smiles at me I hear a few whispers around me about my dad and how he might be mad at me. And I also hear a few whispers about my mother being a ravenclaw, my housemates didn't think that my dad could be in love with a ravenclaw. Guess that proved them wrong. Then this boy turns to me and opens his mouth to talk, I am guessing he's a Weasley because he looks similar to ron. "Melissa is it?" I nod my head and he carries on "I thought you'd be sorted into slytherin because of your father. Nevertheless, he may be kinder to our house because you're in it. So welcome to gryffindor" I smile at him but was a little muddled.. my dad wasn't kind to the other houses? Now this, I have to see for myself. I turn my head towards where the sorting hat is placed and I hear the name "Harry Potter." The crowd is whispering because it's the boy who lived. The hat also seems to be having trouble with sorting him into the right house. I just pray that he's in gryffindor. The next thing the hat shouts is "GRYFFINDOR." I am the first to jump up from my seat and cheer for harry. I'm so happy that he's in my house. He runs up to me and hugs me, yes i am a little embarrassed because my father was watching but Harry makes me feel safe. "I'm so happy we are in the same house!" Harry laughs and looks at me "me too, Melissa." The pair rushed to their seats; Melissa and Hermione were talking for a bit whilst many students where shaking hands with Harry. Shortly after.. food had arrived on the table for students to eat. Melissa quickly put a few things on her plate and started eating. Whilst she was eating, Harry and her talked more about a certain platinum haired boy, how the sorting hat took forever to place them into a house and how the way they met was like destiny. Melissa giggled when Harry suggested that it was fate that brought them together, she clearly thought he was living in his own world. When nearly headless nick came up from the chicken, Ron clearly lost is appetite. Strange, never thought that he would lose that. Hermione asks how he's nearly headless nick and he shows her. She was clearly disgusted by that; then he turns to me and says "you look very much like your grandmother." What? I do? I never thought I did.. my dads mother doesn't exactly look like me.. could it be my grandmother from my mothers side? Before I can say anything, he floats away.. Strange, how could he not say anything after that?..

After the feast was over, all the first years had to follow Percy Weasley to the gryffindor common room. Melissa was over the moon because she couldn't wait to see what it was like. Her and Harry kept discussing what it would look like, whilst Hermione kept butting them in to say. "Harry, I don't think it will provide a swimming pool and water slides. Nor will there be a real life lion in a cage to symbol our house. That's just ridiculous." Harry rolled his eyes at the girl. "Where's your sense of imagination?" Ron interrupted the girl. "I don't need imagination when I have a simple thing called common sense and logic." Melissa's eyes went wide as Hermione and Ron started bickering between themselves. The four of them seemed to be oblivious that they had reached the gryffindor portrait. Once they stepped in, they all just stopped talking for a second, just a second. They gazed at the ceiling, chairs, the fireplace.. everything. "Wow." Was all Melissa could manage to say, she then looked at harry and he too was amazed. "How is the famous Harry taking in all the beauty of the gryffindor common room?" Harry looked into her eyes for a spilt second. He had seemed to have forgotten how to speak, he couldn't form his words correctly. Then finally after what seemed like eternity, he spoke. "It's just so.. wow.." Melissa giggled at him but was soon interrupted by Percy telling them where the girls and boys dormitories were. Melissa quickly engulfed harry for a hug. "Meet me here in the morning, we can go down to breakfast together." Harry quickly said before she was out of sight, she nodded and waved goodbye.