Chapter 17

Hey guys, this week has gone so slow haha, i hope you guys like this chapter, happy reading!

1238 words

Melissa's POV

It's Christmas morning! I straight away wished my father and we exchanged gifts. I gave him another black cloak because he loves that, some ingredients for potions and a brand new potion book. He probably already knows the recipes in there but I couldn't resist from purchasing it. He gave me a jewellery box, some clothes, the new Nibus 2000 broomstick and some ingredients for potions. I thank him for all my gifts, we spent a lot of the morning together until I decided to go join Harry and Ron. I gradually walk into the gryffindor common room, when I get inside I notice that both Harry and Ron are awakened. Although.. I could only see Harry's head, not his body... "Uh Ron- am I going crazy or do you only see Harry's head too?!" Ron informed all of us that Harry was gifted an invisibility cloak.. woah.. that's extraordinary. Ron and Harry open up their presents from me and they were very grateful. They seemed to have loved their gifts which was what I was hoping for. Ron got me a bunch of sweets and a book about defence against the dark arts. He told me it was for advanced people so I would learn a lot from it. Harry got me a beautiful heart necklace which had the letter 'H' engraved in it to symbolise Harry's name; it was silver and delicate. It's beautiful. "Harry.. wow.. this must have cost you a fortune! I love it! Thank you, thank you, thank youuu!" I run up towards him and engulf him into a massive hug. Harry politely asks me if he could put it on me so I gladly pulled my hair out of the way for him to put the necklace on. "I'll wear it forever." I turned towards Ron and thank him too, he's so sweet to give me a gift. I can't wait to read the defence against the dark arts book! I then decided to open the gift which Hermione gave me. In it was a beautiful bottle of perfume, the scent smelt like roses, yet blackberries and some luxury flowers, the container was beautiful and it was the most magnificent smell ever. It was from a brand called daisy. My best friend never fails to amaze me.

I beg Harry for the hundredth time to allow me to go with him to the library in his invisibility cloak. God he's cute to not want me to get into trouble but last time I checked, the invisibility cloak was invisible, meaning nobody will know that I'm there. After a full on debate on why I should go with him, he finally caved in. Therefore that christmas night, Harry and I went looking for information on Nicholas Famel. When we reached the restricted section.. the air around me was freezing.. why didn't I bring a jumper? However, Harry was kind enough to lend me his. "Harry no.. I can't take your jumper. Then you'll be cold." He smiled at me and replied with "better me than you." He's such a gentleman, he makes it hard for me to not like him. When I put his jumper on, I notice it's a little baggy but it smells just like him which brings upon a massive smile on my face. Harry then opens a book.. it's not just an ordinary book. Out of nowhere, the book starts to come to life. A face of a man forms inside the book and the man starts to scream. Both of us struggle to shut the book but it's too late.. someone has already heard the ear-piercing scream. "Who's there?" We both hear a voice which can only belong to professor Filch. Harry gives me a look of concern and whips the cloak so it covers both of us. However by doing that Harry accidentally knocks over the lamp on the floor causing it to shatter into tiny pieces. I pull Harry close to me as I am indeed fearful of getting caught. I can practically feel Harry's hot breath on my neck which shivers down my spine. I'm just glad he brushed his teeth. "I know you're in there. You can't hide." Technically speaking, we can considering we are invisible right now. "Who is it? Show yourself!" Harry and I were no way going to show ourselves, never in a million years. We bolted towards the door and left the room at instant. We both turn the corner but we realise that we are not alone..

Melissa's POV

It's my father and professor Quirrel.. having a not so pleasant discussion. My father is towering over Quirrell; as a symbol of power and authority. "You don't want me as your enemy. Quirrel." My father looks rather intimidating against his enemy's.. it must run in the family. Quirrell seems to have a frightened expression on his face. "W-what do you m-mean?" I watch as Quirrell stumbles over his words failing to pronounce a proper sentence. "You know perfectly well what I mean." Well I don't so could someone please enlighten me? Just then, my father senses the uneven breathing in the air. Out of instinct Harry covers my mouth with my hand. Great. Now I can't breathe. My father starts to reach his hand out and my heart pumps faster by the second because I am fearful of getting caught. As my father reaches his hand out, Harry and I move ever so slightly away from him. My father then whips himself back in front of Quirrell. "We'll have another chat soon...when you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie." Loyalties? What on Earth does that mean? Despite my best efforts to figure out what was happening in the scene ahead of me, professor Filch rudely interrupts my thoughts and the professors. He arrives with the lantern that Harry broke just a few moments ago. "Oh, Professors. I found this, in the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed." My father connects eye contact with Quirrell one last time before darting off. Harry taps my shoulder as I watch all professors hurry off in the distance. He signals that we should walk in the opposite direction because we can't get caught lurking the halls at this hour. We discover a door ahead of us so we slip into the room. We immediately remove the cloak. "Phew that was close." Harry states which I nod along because I was purely too fascinated by the empty room ahead of me. Although, it wasn't quite empty, there seemed to be a large mirror. "Melissa, come here! My parents are in this mirror!" I rush towards Harry to see his parents but I don't see them. "I don't see your parents Harry.. I see a women who looks rather familiar." Harry mumbles a 'that's strange' as he continues to look deeply into the mirror. Being exhausted, I tell him that I should get to bed.. I want some time alone to process the discussion my father had with professor Quirrell and who was that women I saw in the mirror. I'm just so confused on who that women was, have I seen her before? No, I would have remembered her but then who is she? Harry goes off to find Ron and inform him that he can see his parents.