Chapter 11

Ahh hi y'all. I have good news for you guys, I was thinking of posting twice a week for you guys. It's to get the book
coming along much faster. As I have plans for the next few years at hogwarts. So I will be now posting on Wednesday as well as Saturday's! Also if you didn't know, I am using Selena Gomez as the face as Melissa! I'm back at school again, half-term went too quickly. I miss it already! I am looking forward to Christmas haha, i just want another break 😂

1828 words

Melissa's POV

After my quidditch lesson with Harry, I told him that I would be a little late to the next class as I need to see my father. I haven't seen him all day today and I rather miss him. Plus I need to tell him off for treating Harry horribly in our first ever potion lesson, it wasn't at all welcoming. I also need to ask him about my mother.. how she was a ravenclaw. I have to know more about her.. I have a right to. Therefore I was on a mission to find him, I turned many corners around my way to get to him. Besides it was only defence against the dark arts I was missing. It's not like I would learn any new content. As I strut around the castle I finally reach his classroom, he seems to be marking papers. "Father... I have two reasons on why I am here and not in lesson. Besides I have defence against the dark arts, it's not like I'm needed. Anyways, I want to ask you why you were so rude to Harry in our first potion lesson. He was paying attention to you and you decided to ask him a series of questions which I think were unnecessary." He looks at me like I've just stepped on his favourite robe. "Potter reminds me of someone I hate Melissa. I don't expect you to understand that." The nerve this man has to hate someone without a proper reason. "You're right, I don't understand. Just because he reminds you of someone, doesn't give you the authority to treat him like that. He has been nothing but nice to me and he's a great friend of mine." His face seems to be processing the information that I've just bombarded him with. "Very well. I will try to be nicer next time. No promises." I just roll my eyes knowing that this is the furtherest I will ever get with him, my father can be very stubborn. "Now, I also have another question. When the sorting hat was on my head.. it mentioned that my mother was a ravenclaw. How come you've failed to mention that to me? Why didn't you ever tell me she went to this school? Did you meet her here? Is this where you two fell in love? What was she like? Okay I just realised that's more than one question but please give me answers. I deserve to know, I have a right to." My father looks worried, as if he was dreading the day I would ask questions. "Melissa, I won't tell you much and I won't answer all your questions but I will tell you something.. she was a ravenclaw.. she did come to this school and we met in our first year. I loved her very much. I still do but that is all I will tell you. For your own safety. Do not ask me anymore questions Melissa! You're too ignorant to know! Now stop pestering me this instance!" With that he stormed out of the classroom and slammed the door behind him which made me jump out of fright. Never in my life, has he ever shouted at me.. never in my life was he ever this cold and distant. I took a step back from where I was standing and it took me a moment to realise what had just happened. For my own safety? What on Earth does that mean? I was processing everything and I had not realised that tears were forming and were starting to roll down my face. Great. Only a few days into hogwarts and I have cried 2 times now. How pathetic.

I ran to my room ignoring the calls from Ron who had seen me running. I was running so fast I had not realised that I had bumped into Malfoy.. "God, can you leave me in peace without me seeing you for just one day?!" He raised his voice as he spoke. "Are you crying?" He asks with concern in his eyes. I couldn't bare to answer him, not after what my father had just said. Draco caught me off my train of thought, I couldn't even utter a word, let alone a sentence, I ignored his presence as he still kept looking at me. I didn't answer his question, instead I ignored him. I decided not to go to the common room because that's where my friends would be; I can't let them see me like this. I decided to head to the black lake for some alone time.. at least what I thought was alone time. I sat on the grass, bringing my knees to my face and I let the tears fall, careful not to make any noise. "Why are you upset?" I was curious to see who's voice it came from.. it sounded familiar.. I turned around to see the platinum blonde hair that I despise so much. "Leave me alone Draco. It's not like you care." But he didn't seem to leave.. he just walked closer to me and sat besides me. "I'm not leaving until you say something." This boy has to be kidding. Can't I ever have some alone time? "Fine. If you don't leave, I will." With that I stood up but as I started to leave he gently pulled my arm back. "Please.. what is it? Is it something I said?" I was shocked at him. "Please Malfoy, nothing you say could ever make me cry. Don't flatter yourself and I won't tell you because you'd use it to your advantage." He looks utterly confused, like he couldn't process what I said, like I spoke a different language. "My advantage? Melissa what are you talking about? I came to ask you how you were. Not to make fun of you." My face relaxed a little bit because of those words.. those calm words. It was a contrast of what I just heard from my father, the words which Draco used were kind and gentle. "I'm fine. Trust me, it's not something I wish to talk about but thank you for caring I guess." He smiled at me, he let go of my arm which until now I didn't realise he was holding it for that long. "I'm here if you need me. Just don't.. mention it to anyone.. I'm not supposed to care for you but I oddly can't seem to stop myself." At that, he started to walk off, I watched him walk further and further into the distance. What on Earth did he mean 'he's not supposed to care for me?' Is there someone stopping him? Is he trying to be the stereotypical Slytherin? Many questions were flowing through my mind which lead me to spend the day at the black lake thinking. I didn't want to face reality nor did I want to see my father. I refused to even look at him..

The weather started to get colder as the sun went down, I hadn't really noticed how much time went by. I watched the ripples in the water move along, how the leaves on the trees started to sway side to side. Just then, something so peaceful had turned into thunder and heavy rain. The rain just fell.. just like that.. just like my tears on my face. I quickly stood up and ran back to the castle because I didn't want to get soaking wet. Not that it mattered because I was still soaking wet as I got closer to the castle. Just as I took another step, I slipped and fell onto the concrete. I put my hands in front of me to break my fall and luckily I did or I might've hit my head. My leg started to bleed but it was just a small cut so I ignored the pain. As I reached the castle, I saw people heading to dinner, I however didn't feel like eating. I was in too much pain and not to mention I was drenched. I headed to my dorm room and thankfully I didn't see anyone along the way. I quickly muttered the password to the portrait and walked into the gryffindor common room.

Harry's POV

I hadn't seen Melissa all day today.. she told me she would be late to defence against the dark arts but she never even showed up. That's not like her.. she'd never miss a class, let alone the rest of the day. I was worried sick and so were Hermione and Ron. She was the reason I haven't smiled since this morning. "Guys, she's still not here! I thought she would have at least come to dinner! I'm really worried about her, what if she's hurt? Do you think she's hurt? What if she's in trouble?" My mind immediately went to the worst things. "Harry! Melissa will be fine, she can take care of herself.. maybe she just needed the day off. She's probably in the common room." Ron assured me but Hermione didn't say a word, I guess she's just as worried as I am. "I mean I saw her today.. she was running and she ignored me when I shouted her name. Do you think she was upset?" Ron admitted to us. I know now that she's upset, something bad must've happened.. I last saw her this morning and she said she was going to see her father. "Guys! Melissa told me she was going to speak with her dad, you said she ran down the corridor. Her dad must've said something to upset her! Now she's missing? I don't think that's a coincidence. We have to find her. Hermione, you coming?" Hermione nods, we all rush out of dinner on a search to find Melissa.

Melissa's POV

Today was not my day.. the only good thing that came out from today was this morning; when I was with Harry. I run up to my room to change my robes as I can't stand to be drenched anymore. I quickly have a shower and get into some comfy clothes. I don't feel like sleeping yet so I decided to take stroll down the castle. I tied my hair up into a messy bun not being bothered to deal with it and I wondered around the castle. I went down to the library to pick out some books to read for this week. I picked a book full of transfiguration, I then decide to walk around, as I haven't been in this school for that long, I don't know where everything is. What better thing to do than explore the massive castle. I just pray that I don't run into my father because he's the last person I wish to see. I keep thinking about what he said to me.. I keep wondering if he truly meant it or he said it out of rage.