Chapter 8

Melissa's POV

It was daytime and I was currently playing quidditch with the rest of the Gryffindor team. We were playing against Slytherin. George flew beside me for two reasons, to make sure I was safe and so I could always throw the quaffle to him if I needed to. Him and I flew as fast as we could to shoot as many goals as we could. Gryffindor was currently on 60 points whereas Slytherin were only on 20 which was a massive advantage. I just had to make sure that it stayed that way. I zoomed past my teammates as I try to locate the quaffle.

I overhear Harry and Draco talking. "Training for the ballet Potter?" Draco remarks.

"Oh, definitely. We take classes together." I hinted as Draco chuckled out loud. Harry glared at me so I sent him a cheeky wink.

"Don't sulk Harry, you know you love me." I declare.

"Yeah, yeah." Harry muttered as I flew away straight after, I think Harry's soon caught a glimpse of the golden snitch because he zoomed past me, with Draco following him.

I quickly changed my mind to the game as I focused on trying to score another goal for Gryffindor. I could hear my two best friends, Ron and Hermione cheering for both Harry and I as we played. I also heard a few other people cheer for us too!

———————

It has been forty minutes into the game. Harry was now currently being chased around the quidditch pitch by a rouge bludger! Oliver had unfortunately been knocked off his broom because of it. Harry was flying around the whole pitch trying to get the bludger to stop chasing him but nothing worked. Not even magic could help him because magic could accidentally hit him.

I prayed to myself that he would be okay. I couldn't stand the fact of him getting hurt. Last year, his broom went all crazy and now this year, he gets chased by a bludger. This boy never gets a break! Malfoy started following him because they both apparently saw the golden snitch. I zoomed past everyone making sure I could score as many points as I possibly could. After a few moments of flying, I witnessed Draco fall off his broom, smack down on the floor. "DRACO!" I screamed as I flew near him, watching him from above, I heard him groan in pain as I wished that I could somehow help him but I was in a game. Not even a few moments later, Harry comes crashing to the floor with the golden snitch in his hand.

"Harry Potter has caught the snitch! Gryffindor wins!" Lee Jordan shouts but I wasn't in the mood to cheer as my two friends were hurt and I didn't know who to attend to first.

Luckily, Madam Promfrey came to assist Draco. She helped him up and took him to the hospital wing for immediate care. I closed my eyes gratefully as I quickly sped over towards Harry. Everyone was surrounding him and by the looks of it, Lockhart was about to perform a spell on Harry's arm. "Brackium emendo!"

I witnessed as Harry's arm flopped around, having not a single bone left in. Hagrid and Lockhart argued about what he had done to Harry. I quickly got off my broom and with the help of Ron, we were able to lift Harry up so we could take him to the hospital wing.

———————

I saw Draco there and he was moaning and groaning. I rushed over to him, pushing Crabbe out of the way. "Are you okay?" I asked with concern lacing throughout my voice.

"Does it look like I am?" Draco smugly asks as I roll my eyes.

"Oh thank god, you're still an arrogant mess. You're fine." I answered back whilst smiling at him.

"Oh Mr Malfoy stop making such a fuss, you can go." Madam Promfrey exclaims as I sigh deeply at Draco.

"You heard the women." I said before Madam Promfrey started talking again.

"Out of my way. Out of my way Should've been brought straight to me. I can mend bones in a heartbeat- but growing them back..." Madam Promfrey announces as I look over to where Harry was.

Draco seemed to notice this because he made my life harder. "Help me up?" He asks innocently as he gestures for me to help him. I roll my eyes playfully as I quickly held his arm so he could stand.

"Okay, now I'm going to see if Harry is okay. I'll see you later Draco!" I exclaimed as I rushed towards Harry.

As I got there, I saw a puddle on the floor of what smelt like medicine. I gave a questionable look at Hermione. "Who was too nervous that they even wet themselves?" I giggled.

"Ha ha, very funny. Harry just seemed to have disliked his medicine." Hermione informs me as I half listen to her but my main focus was upon Harry.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as I gently stroked his arm.

"I'm okay. Could be worse." Harry comments as I smile gently.