Chapter 8

Hey readers! Thank you for 111 views! I hope that you guys are all well and keeping safe! Take care of yourself and wash your hands :)

886 words

Mellisa's POV

After my dreadful first flying lesson, I sprinted out of there before anyone could see me.. tears were falling down my face. I was such a mess.. Draco's words were spiteful, it made me doubt myself.. was I really that blind to see the fact that my father is disappointed with me? I couldn't think straight, I was even looking where I was going until I bumped into another Weasley.. or should I say two? Fred and George. They exchanged looks and knelt down to my level so we were all the same height. "Mellisa is it?" One of the voices spoke, I was still gazing down at the ground to notice who was speaking. I nodded my head and looked up at the two standing in front of me.. I was so worried that they would judge me or make me feel worse so I couldn't let them do that. "Uh.. I'm fine. Don't tell anyone I was crying. Please, I don't want anyone to know.." I quickly wipe my tears dry to cover the fact that deep down I just want to sit on my bed and cry into my pillow. "Melissa, you're not fine. And trust me, Fred and I won't say a thing. What's wrong?" Relief washed over me as they said they weren't going to tell anyone. "It's nothing.. it's just Malfoy. Dumb right?" Draco was definitely the person I hated most in this school, he was like that fly that never leaves your room. "Oh yeah.. we know the Malfoy family alright. Whatever he said, forget it, he's just a spoilt rich kid that thinks he runs the world. But between you, George and I, he's just too idiotic to run it." I laughed as they cheered me up after what a day I have had. "Draco is very idiotic if you ask me, the audacity he has to even talk to me." The twins laugh at my talk about Draco.. they were like older brothers. Even though we've just met, in that moment I felt a brotherly connection. "That's the spirit! Don't let him bring you down Mel! I'm Fred by the way. In case you didn't know and this is my twin, George." Ha Mel? Nobody has ever given me that nickname before, I like it. It's unique. "Well you definitely got the twin bit right, I thought it might've been an invisible mirror!" I beamed at the two. "Haha very funny Mel." Fred replied. Us three had a blast, they were so fun to be around and they made me feel so much better, I owe it to them.

Melissa's POV

I waved goodbye to the twins as I carried on walking down the corridor, I decided to go to the bathroom to check if I looked like I had been crying. As I walked in, I rub my eyes and splash some cold water on my face. I smile at the person I see in the mirror and remind myself to never doubt myself. My legs carry me to the door and I leave the bathroom. Thank god my crying session was over! Never again. I carried on walking down and I see Ron, Hermione and Harry so I decided to catch up to them, after all they aren't that far ahead of me. "Hey guys! What did I miss?" Hermione tried to speak up but Ron spoke before she could "Harry just got the part of the seeker on the gryffindor quidditch team. And he's the youngest seeker in a century. His father was the last one!" I was so delighted to hear some good news. "Say no more Ron! Harry well done. You're going to be wonderful out there, trust me, you've got skill." I didn't even let him reply because I engulfed him for a massive hug. I can't believe Harry is the new seeker, I'm over the moon. He deserves this, I can't wait to see him play. But then.. I realise that I was hugging Harry for a bit too long.. so I decided to break the hug. His cheeks transformed into a bright shade of red and his ears started to burn as well. I laughed at his cute reaction. Wait wait wait, hold up. Did i just say he was cute?! Not out loud but in my head! Do I think Harry Potter is cute? WHAT? Harry noticed my thought and confusion. He looks like he wants an explanation. But I can't give him one so I look away and turn my view to what's ahead of me. Hermione. She smiles at me and immediately questions me.. "Melissa? Have you been crying?!" Oh god.. i've been caught, there's no way I can tell her why I'm crying, not in front of Harry and Ron at least. "No, I just walked into the wall when I wasn't looking so I went into the bathroom to wash my face." Hermione looks convinced for once. Thank heavens! I can't imagine explaining why I was really crying. That would be a disaster. The three of us started to head up the stairs to the common room; our day was finally finished. What I was most glad about was the fact that I wouldn't have to see Draco for the rest of today..