Chapter 4

Hey readers! Sorry, I completely forgot to post yesterday as it was such a busy day! I hope you enjoy this chapter..

Melissa's POV

Well.. I am not exactly going to lesson. I am going to quidditch tryouts, I am auditioning for the role of the chaser against another girl that's in year five. Her name is Annie. Harry reminded Oliver Wood that I would be 'perfect' for the role of the chaser. It's nerve racking. Especially because I am up against a student that's in year five. It's going to be tough. I strut towards the quidditch field to meet whoever could show up, Oliver told me he would try and get the other teammates to join him if they didn't have a lesson to attend to. I am missing defence against the dark arts for this tryout so it better be worth it. Not that I think Professor Lockhart will be able to teach me anything new.

I reach the field and spot Oliver, he's not alone actually. Fred and George Weasley decided to tag along with him. I waved towards the twins as I walked up to them. "Hello." I addressed to all three of them, shortly after Annie had turned up. Annie had short brown hair and she had to be at least three feet taller than me. All of us got straight to the tryout, George had tried to tackle me every time I got ahold of the quaffle but he failed miserably. I flew faster than I ever have on my new broomstick that my father had bought me for Christmas. The wind blew through my hair as I made sharp turns; I kept scoring through many hoops as I could, trying to reach as many points humanly possible. Annie did the same as me but she tried flying lower to catch the twins off guard. Fred tried to swoop in and snatch the quaffle out of my hands but he again failed. The tryout had lasted around half an hour, we kept flying around, scoring as many goals as we could. My total was 130 which I was extremely proud of. Annie had seemed to reach 100 in her time which calmed me down. I know I shouldn't have felt glad I got more but the rush flew through my veins and I couldn't help it. 

 At the end of the session Oliver ran towards me and told me that I was their new chaser. I jumped up and down like a five year old thinking she was going to get chocolate for dinner. My happiness was beyond anyone's. I can't wait to tell my friends and my father the great news. I congratulated Annie on her efforts as in my opinion, she was amazing. 

As I went into the changing rooms, I thought of what my friends would say when the found out the great news. I changed as fast as I could and ran down the halls to defence against the dark arts, my guess is that the lesson would be nearly finished. As I turned many corners on my journey towards Lockhart's classroom, I thought about what my first quidditch game would look like. When I finally reached Lockhart's classroom, it was empty of students but clearly not of objects. Neville was hanging from the ceiling and there were Cornish pixies floating around, as if they were in a trance. My gaze immediately traced down to my three friends who seemed to have been the victims of the scene. "So I leave for what, an hour and I come back to see this?! What happened here?" As my voice was echoed across the room, my three friends turned around to try and think of an explanation. As they told me what had happened with Lockhart and how he left them to pick up the pieces his mess, I was shocked. He's the teacher, he should have cleaned up after himself.

I listened to their side of the story when Ron finally upped the question. "So.. how was quidditch tryouts?" I smiled as soon as he spoke the word 'quidditch'. I quickly responded as I was thrilled, I couldn't hold in my excitement any longer. "It was fantastic, you're now looking at your new Gryffindor Chaser!" All of their faces lit up within a mini second of my words, the all ran and engulfed me into a massive hug as they all congratulated me on my latest achievement.