Chapter 2

Melissa's POV

I had boarded the train along with Hermione, we sat in an empty compartment whilst we waited for the boys to arrive. "So tell me Hermione, what did you do over the summer?" She told me how she spent a lot of time with her family. How her father made many dad jokes, her mother started to get really good at cooking. Hermione said she helped built a shelf with her dad without magic. Odd, why would you want to do that without magic?

Hermione and I talked about how excited we were for the new year, how she may or may not have developed a certain liking to a young boy called Ronald Weasley. She kept asking me if I liked Harry but I told her we were just friends; she wonders if he thinks that way though. After a few minutes we started to worry about Harry and Ron. They still haven't arrived and they have exactly one minute before 11am; when the train would leave. The anxiety inside of me started to come to the surface. Many emotions ran through me on where they could be. They can't be far behind can they? What if they miss the train? How do they suppose to get to hogwarts? Hermione sees my distressed facial expressions "I'm sure that even if they do miss the train, they will come up with a plan B." Hermione shrugged, I wondered how she could be this calm at a time like this. What plan B?! I started to shake my legs as I was nervous out of my mind.

Hermione and I tried to talk about different things and topics to get our mind off the boys. Just then, Ginny Weasley opens our compartment door. "Hello.. can I sit with you guys? I don't know anyone else on this train and I can't seem to find my brothers. Ron said I could join you guys but he seems to not be on the train."

Ginny seeks approval from us as she's terrified that we will say 'no.' I gave her a warm smile and gestured for her to take a seat. "Of course you can sit with us. I haven't seen Ron either, I'm actually quite worried. Do you know where he could be?" Just as I ask that specific question, the train starts to move. Hermione and I exchange worried glances; knowing looks that the boys have either missed the train completely or just lost in another compartment.

Ginny questions our looks but then finally answers my question. "Both Harry and Ron were behind me when I walked through the barrier to platform 9 and 3/4. I have no clue where they got to but they must be on this train." My breathing starts to slow down as I hear the comforting words of 'they must be on this train.'

Throughout our train journey, we talked to Ginny about tips she should know about hogwarts as both Hermione and I have a one year experience. Our conversations jumped from various places. I then decided I would pay a certain platinum blonde boy a visit. I excused myself saying I was going to talk to Draco. Hermione gave me a 'are you joking' look but I told her he was my friend. He's just misunderstood. As I walked towards the exit Hermione shouts "I knew you liked him." I whipped my head round as she said those very few words and I stuck my tongue out at her.

"I do not like him. He's a friend." I emphasised on the words 'not' and 'friend' to make sure my point was clear to her.

With that, I exited the compartment on my way to find Draco Malfoy. I carried on walking for what had seemed a few minutes until I recognised him in a compartment. I slid open the door. "Hey, can i sit here for a few minutes?"

Draco looked my way and immediately smiled. "Yeah sure, Goyle, Crabbe, leave for a few minutes so I can talk to her in private."

Without questioning Draco's instructions, the went without uttering another word. As soon as they closed the door I turned to face Draco. "Are they what? Your minions?" Draco laughed as I commented on his so called friends.

"So what brings you here Melissa? Bored of the others?"

I smiled at him whilst I spoke. "Actually, Ron and Harry never actually came but I was sitting with Hermione and Ginny. I thought I would come and say hi." Draco and I discussed about many topics. From how our summer was to what we are most excited about starting our second year at Hogwarts. Draco made me laugh a lot which was amusing, he was the friend I never thought I would had. If you were to tell me that Draco would be my friend at the start of my first year at Hogwarts I would've laughed at your face. The conversation just slows with Draco, I never have to worry about not knowing what to say. Time flew by as we were talking and I finally made the decision that I would go back to Hermione. As I left, out of the corner of my eye I saw Draco's minions slither back into their compartment. Within a few minutes I was back in my own compartment filling in Hermione on what my chat with Draco was about as she was so eager to know.

When we finally reached Hogwarts we took our time getting off the train. As we were checking if Harry and Ron were somehow on it. We convinced ourselves that they are hopefully off the train. They must've made their way to Hogwarts now, they can't of missed the train, could they?

We arrive at Hogwarts as I choose a seat at the dinner table, if I am being completely honest I am starving. "There not here Hermione." She and I keep stressing about where they could be.

"Maybe they're in the common room?" I shook my head as I found it unbelievably stupid for the boys to be in the common room before dinner. However Hermione and I both notice that Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall were not at the staff table. Maybe they are with Harry and Ron right now, my mind plays tricks on me as I think of the possible locations my two best friends could be.

Just then, two familiar looking boys burst open the doors to the great hall. As I hear the noise of the doors I whip my head around. "Harry! Ron! Where have you two been?!" I question them immediately but before they can have a chance to answer I speak again. "Hermione and I have been worried sick! Why aren't you two in your robes?!"

Harry starts to answer my questions. "We couldn't get through the barrier at 9 and 3/4 and then we decided to take Ron's dads car to get here. We almost get killed by a tree, let alone i nearly fell out the car when we were high up in the air. Then we were sent to Professor Snape's office where he threatened to have us expelled by damaging the whomping willow and muggles seeing the flying car. However Professor McGonagall and Professor Dumbledore interrupted us and said we weren't expelled but we got detention plus they are writing letters to our parents. So yeah, it's been an eventful day." Okay what?! That's quite an adventure.

I can't believe that the two of them were nearly killed and they were seen by muggles?! "How are you two even alive?!" I question them which leads them to shrug their shoulders. "Well I'm glad you both are okay." I embrace the two of them for a hug. "Wait- a minute.. do you know why you couldn't enter the barrier to 9 and 3/4." Ron told me that he had no clue on why they couldn't get through but they are glad that they've arrived.

Hermione goes on to yell at the two as they sit down. Whilst Harry whispers into my ear. "Melissa.. your dad really hates me."

I roll my eyes and whisper back to him in a sarcastic tone. "I wonder why."