Chapter 10

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! I hope you all have a wonderful day and are all happy. If you dressed up, let me know in the comments! Lately I have been OBSESSED with vampire diaries. I'm so sad that it's coming off netflix but my best friend gave told me an app you can watch it for free! I'm on season 7. It's very addictive and I highly recommend it. Thank you for all your support so far and thank you for reading my book. I hope that you like this chapter! I'm so excited for you to read itttt

1357 words

Melissa'S POV

As I entered my dorm, I immediately ran towards my bed; I was exhausted. I needed to rest, I see Hermione was already fast asleep so were the other girls in the room. I quickly climbed into bed and rapped the duvet around me. Thank god, my eyes were already drifting off to sleep.

The following morning, Hermione had decided to wake me up more gentle than the last time which I was very grateful for. She just decided to shake me awake, it took a few minutes but I was up. I quickly got dressed and headed down to the common room to wait for the boys. However, the two boys were already there and they looked impressed. "Ah, you guys are 2 minutes earlier than last time, impressive." Harry commented which I rolled my eyes to. "Harry, no offence but it's too early for talking let alone numbers." Harry laughed at me.. he was clearly awake. He also asked me to join his first quidditch lesson with Oliver. He told me he wanted me to support him, just like the way I did in Ollivander's wand shop. I commented on how the names that begins with O's are the ones that unite us. He looked at me and had that 'you're reading too much info this and I just want you to be there kinda face. So yeah, I just embarrassed myself. Nevertheless, I went anyway, as we walked to the quidditch pitch, he told me all about his family and how they treated him. How his cousin Dudley would make fun of him and treat him like he was nothing.. how his aunt barely recognised he was there. At least she chose not to and how his Uncle told him off for everything, even when he breathed. It was heartbreaking to hear how poorly he had been treated like that. "Harry, you do know that you can always stay with my father and I for the summer holidays right?" He seemed to look grateful that I offered him a place to live and also freaked out. "Uh.. Melissa.. you're forgetting a tiny detail, your father doesn't like me." I told him that my father does like him.. he just doesn't like it when people don't look at him when he's talking. But honestly, Harry didn't sound convinced, he was doubting my explanation. Which is again, understandable. We talked about how he's always felt alone and didn't have anyone to talk to but I assured him that he'd always have me, no matter what. I just felt outraged hearing everything they did to him, Harry doesn't deserve any of it, he's so brave and kind. I bet you, his parents were too.. I just hope he knows he can always rely on me and I will never ever treat him like that.

Harry's POV

I finally opened up to someone.. about my life at the Dursley's. And it wasn't just anyone.. it was Melissa. She was so understanding and considerate. She's not like anyone I have ever laid my eyes on, she truly has a heart of gold and a soul of fire. She's been there for me since day one and even though I've only known her for a few days, it seems like a lifetime has passed. Yet I know her but I don't really know much about her. She's mysterious and I like it. She probably finds it hard to open up, which makes two of us but I was glad to share my sorrow with her, she makes me feel safe and loved; I craved that feeling so much. I'm glad she's the the girl that gave it to me. When we reach the quidditch pitch, Oliver was already standing there..

"Hey Oliver, I hope you don't mind.. I asked Melissa to come." I just hope he doesn't send her away, I need her here. "Oh, no worries Harry! I'm glad to have her join us." I smiled, Melissa stood next to me awaiting for Oliver to give me his first instruction. He mentioned that each team has 7 players; 3 chasers; 2 beaters; one keeper and a seeker, that's me. There are three kinds of balls. Oliver throws the ball my way and luckily I catch it.. I would have made a fool out of myself in front of Melissa if I didn't catch it. "this one is called a quaffle, now the chasers handle the quaffle and try to put it into one of those three hoops." He points at some hoops ahead of us.. jeez they are high.. "the keeper, that's me defends the hoops. With me so far?" I mean it sounds simple enough to me.. "I think so.." I pass the quaffle back to wood as it starts to get a bit heavy and I don't want to drop in front of Melissa.. can you imagine the embarrassment? I point to the other balls in the box "what are those?" Oliver Wood hands me a bat.. I can tell he senses I'm nervous "you better take this." I take it with no questions ask because I know that whatever is about to happen might end badly. Wood suddenly lets go off the chain that is holding down a ball.. I expect that I will need to hit it. The ball flies up into the air, I watch it go higher and higher until it starts to head back to the ground. "Careful now, it's coming back." I take this as my one chance to impress Melissa.. let's hope it goes well.. I whack the ball with all my strength and it luckily goes through the hole of the statue. "Woah..." I hear Melissa say as I smile. That's right, I've impressed her. "Not bad Potter.. you'd make a fair beater." This is where Melissa decides to step in.. "Can I have a go Oliver?" Oliver looks at Melissa with a contemplative face.. "mhm alright Melissa, good luck." I hand her the bat and the second her hands wrap around it, the ball comes flying back. I thought it was going to hit her but she smacks the ball and it flies the opposite way.. into one of the quidditch hoops. I look at Oliver and he looks impressed. Suddenly the ball comes back again and before Oliver can even say another word, Melissa hits the ball again which enters another hoop.. "Woah Melissa! You're pretty good! I've never witnessed a first year getting the ball into the hoop two times in a row. Those shots look like a keeper wouldn't be able to defend them. You might just be gryffindor's future beater.." The ball comes zooming past and Wood catches it, though he looks like he's struggling. Despite the struggle of the ball, he manages to put it back into the box. Melissa smiles and mutters.. "wait, let me try to use the quaffle." Wood steps aside whilst she grasp the quaffle and throws it to the highest hoop there is.. you guessed it.. she scores! Wood looks more impressed then he was before if that's even possible. Melissa is truly talented; Melissa then steps aside for the lesson to finish.. well.. for me to learn what I have to do. "What was that ball Oliver?" I question as he hasn't informed me yet, he told me that it was a bludger but the only thing that I had to watch out for was the golden snitch.. which was the smallest ball of then all.. it had wings of a bird and it was definitely speedy. He told me that if I were to catch that snitch before the other teams seeker, we would win the game. A variety of information was going through my mind including nerves that seemed to have taken over me. Melissa seemed to have noticed this "don't worry Harry! You'll be brilliant on your first game, I truly believe you can catch the golden snitch." Just her alone, boosts my confidence and I feel like I can do anything when she's by my side.