Self Comforting // Michael

A/N - I always get ideas from the Saccone Joly's ahaha, so obsessed with them!!✨🌸 So sorry updates have been slow, i've lost motivation&run out of ideas, so let me know if you have any!xxx

Since you and Michael had become Parents, it has been 9 months of hardly any sleep and 24 hour care for your baby girl, Eliza. It had been incredibly stressful and tiring, but also the one of the best nine months of your lives.

Eliza was a complete Daddy's girl, and Michael was a huge softie, especially for her. This had it's good and bad points; the bad being that she was spoilt and would constantly cry for attention for him. Every single time that she couldn't reach a toy, or was tired, or just wanted to cuddle with him, she would cry until Michael gave into her.

It had also resulted in Michael being exhausted and nearly falling asleep whilst recording, as he would stay up until the late hours of the morning with her when she wouldn't sleep without him.

Michael was letting you have a lie in, so he had got up to give baby Eliza her breakfast. She was sat in her high chair as Mikey was flicking through the TV guide, trying to find something suitable for them to watch. She was mashing up the strawberries in her hand instead of eating them, finding the colours and the texture more interesting than the taste.

Suddenly the bowl dropped to the floor, the strawberries spilling. Eliza's bottom lip came out and Michael knew that look; she was about to burst into tears.

"No no no, it's okay baby girl. Don't cry, you're okay." He tried to soothe, as sobs escaped her and tears streamed down her chubby cheeks. Michael tried to clean up and see if she would comfort herself, but he couldn't bring himself to let her cry. "Come here sweet girl, Daddy's got you."

He cradled her in his arms and she snuffled against his chest, rubbing the tears from her eyes.

"You wanna finish your strawberries now? Yeah?" He asked her, patting her back as he got fresh ones from the fridge and settled her in his lap, letting her eat.

***

You heard the whimpers from the baby monitor, indicating that Eliza was about to wake up. It was 2am and you were both exhausted.

"I'll go see her." Michael said sleepily, before you pulled him back down.

"No, just wait babe. See if she can comfort herself." You stated, trying to make a point.

Her cries increased, incoherently mumbling "Daddy".

"I can't stand hearing her cry Y/N, you know that." He sighed, clearly anxious and uncomfortable with the situation.

"I know Mikey, but she's never gonna learn." You replied, sighing heavily.

"I promise I'll try tomorrow, can I just get her now?" He asked, grinning as you rolled your eyes and nodded.

"Hi baby girl! Shh, it's okay. I'm here baby." He soothed, scooping her up and holding her close. "Shh, you're okay."

She settled down into his chest and he kissed her soft hair, rubbing a steady hand up and down her back.

"Let's go back to sleep now, yeah? Goodnight beautiful. I love you." He whispered, cuddling her even closer and settling into the rocking chair, eventually falling asleep right where he should be.