Still Here // Luke

A/N - this one is dedicated to imichaelslove, thankyou so much for voting+commenting! I'm working on a fanfic but idk about it yet, may take some time✖️🙊🎶

ALSO how fricking amazing is FOUR?! I absolutely love it👏 Change Your Ticket&Fools Gold😍️xxx

You sat up in the hospital bed, everything was normal again. You weren't in pain, your baby bump had gone, you had no worries...

But then you saw him.

Luke was sat in the chair next to the bed, cuddling his baby close to his chest. He was stroking her cheek and kissing her forehead constantly, almost like he needed her to be there and be real.

You could also see the tears streaming down his face, and he made no attempt to wipe them away. Why is he crying? Those aren't happy tears. You've seen him cry tears of joy and sadness, and those were definitely tears of sadness. He should be happy, right? So why isn't he?

"I guess it's just me and you now, hm?" He whispered, more tears rushing down his face. "Don't you worry, i'll look after you, I promise." 

What? But you're still there, so why would he be alone?

Then a nurse enters the room, stating that they were ready to turn your life machine off. What? You were dying? This was it, this was the end. You tried to scream, tried to shout, make any sort of noise to indicate that you were alive. You tried to move your arms but it was like you were trapped. Your arms wouldn't move, you couldn't turn your head. You were numb. 

The nurse approached your bed, ready to switch off the machine. You tried to scream even louder, and then...

"Woah, baby, shhh." Luke soothed, hopping into bed next to you and pulling you close to him. "I've got you, shhh."

You gasped for breath, still terrorized by the thought of the nightmare you'd just experienced. You snuggled yourself deep into Luke's chest, as he rubbed your back and encouraged you to breathe.

"Hi love." He smiled warmly, as you looked up at him. He wiped your tears away and kissed your nose. "What's going on?"

"I dreamed that I was about to die, and you were crying, and I couldn't move or breathe or scream or-" 

"Shh, okay. I understand babe, you don't have to worry about that. You're here, i'm here, we have our baby girl and she's perfect. We're all still here, and always will be. I love you sweetheart." He whispered, stroking your hair as you cuddled together. "We'll always be here."