Unexpected // Luke

A/N - this is kinda daddy luke/uncle calum??? idk, I hope it turns out as cute as I think it's gonna be💫😇

also i'm very happy bc for Christmas my best friends bought me loads of lush products and I just love them so much❤️xx

It had been a normal night in the Hemmings household; you had played some games, eaten Darcy's favourite meal and now you were cuddled up watching Elf together.

Darcy had fallen asleep in between the two of you, and it was getting late, so Luke decided to take her to bed. She stirred as he scooped her up but soon settled as he hushed and cuddled her into bed. You couldn't carry her, since you were 8 months pregnant, and didn't want to risk falling or damaging your back.

"My back is hurting so bad tonight." You complained, your stomach feeling right and back aching.

"That's just normal though babe, surely there can't be much room left for him to wriggle around in." He replied, sitting behind you as he started to rub slowly, trying to ease the pain.

Suddenly you felt a sharp twinge of pain shoot through your stomach and you cried out, startling Luke.

"Baby, what's wrong?!" He asked, keeping a hand on your back.

"I don't know, I think he's coming, maybe?" You panicked, trying to take deep breaths as the pain increased before fading away.

"Let's go to the hospital just to make sure everything's okay. I'll call Calum, are you okay waking Darce up?"

You nodded as you entered the four year old's bedroom, trying to ignore the pain because you didn't want to scare her.

"Darcy baby, wake up." You whispered, rubbing her cheek and stroking her hair. "Your baby brother is coming to see you."

You took a sharp intake of air as Luke entered the bedroom, rubbing your back gently.

"Sorry to wake you up Princess." Luke murmured, kissing her cheek as he pulled her into his lap, her head resting against his chest. "Uncle Calum's gonna stay here with you whilst we got get your baby brother, okay?"

"No Daddy, want to stay with you." She cried, the tiredness and being woken up upsetting her.

"You can cuddle with Uncle Calum though baby. You don't want to come with us, we're going to the hospital, you don't like it there. Remember?" He said, her eyes widening in fear.

She'd tumbled over at school a few months ago and banged her head, also ending up with her spending a few hours hospital and being attached to a drip. The experience had scarred her and still scared her to this day.

"Mummy don't go there!" She exclaimed, running out of Luke's arms to wrap her own around you. "Why are you crying? Mummy?"

At that moment, Darcy burst out into tears as Calum entered the house, following the noise coming from upstairs.

"Darcy, what's wrong Princess?" Calum asked as she jumped into his arms. "Hey, I'm here now. Don't cry, it's okay."

He greeted the two of you as the pain got even worst, you also feeling more anxious.

"Luke we really need to go." You added, another pain shooting through you.

"Okay babe. Darcy, you're gonna be just fine here with Uncle Cal, okay? We'll be back soon, I promise. I love you." He said as she sniffled against Calum's chest, him swaying her to calm her down.

Luke kissed her forehead and rubbed her back, before helping you downstairs.

"If you go to sleep, when you wake up, your baby brother will be here to see you." You reassured her, as you tried to sound positive, ignoring the horrendous pain. "I love you baby, we'll see you soon."

"No, no!" She protested as Calum gestured for them to leave, mouthing a 'We'll be okay' and 'Good luck'. He was used to looking after Darcy and could
handle her upset.

"Darcy, shhh. Listen to me, Mummy is gonna be just fine, okay? No more tears now, I'm here. I'll look after you." He held her close and rubbed her back, trying anything to soothe her.

"But Mummy was crying, she was hurt." She sniffled, more tears brought to her eyes as she thought of you.

"That's what happens when you have a baby. It hurts for a while but then it all goes away, yeah?" He answered, as she snuggled closer to him.

"Should we cuddle for a bit? I'll read you a story if you like. Or you can tell me what Santa's gonna bring for you." Calum suggested, kissing her head.

She nodded and he held her on the sofa for under an hour, then she was asleep. It took a while, but she was finally content.

THE ENDING IS SHIT IM SORRY BUT ITS 11:46PM AND SCHOOL TOMORROW SO SORRY