Prank? • Michael

"ok since its halloween october is the month where y/n and michael prank each other everyday and it's the day of halloween and y/n tells expectant dad michael that's she's having contractions but he doesn't believe her bc "babe ur due date isn't until next week" and he doesn't believe y/n until she's in tears and holding on to michael for dear life and he's like "oh shit" and speeds to the hospital and then y/n and michaels baby girl was born on a cool day. Sorry this sucked so bad" - this was the original request! I spent far too long rewriting this so, let me know what you think♥️

Michael and his wife had been together for 6 years, married for 3. Over the years, there were many things they had both learned about each other, one of these being that Michael is extremely childish, and is in his own words, the 'King of Pranks.' After the first few years of their relationship, his wife had encountered many pranks at the hands of her husband, and she couldn't take anymore.

"I'm limiting it to the month of October in the lead up to Halloween, that's when you can have your fun." His wife had instructed Michael, who laughed at her words after she had put salt in her tea instead of sugar. "You're so annoying!"

"You know you love me for it babe." Michael teased, pulling his wife into his arms and linking his hands on her back. "But okay. October will now be known as the prank month."

And now here they were, several years later, getting nearer and nearer to the birth of their first baby. Her due date was October, much to his wife's dismay as she knew she'd endure many annoying pranks from Michael in the lead up to the birth. She could also use it to her advantage though - knowing that nothing made her husband softer than the sight of their unborn baby snuggled inside of her stomach.

"You better not scare us too much this year Mike. Your baby won't be happy about it." His wife pouted and laughed at her husband as he pressed his lips against hers, resting his hands on her stomach.

"Don't worry, my love. I won't upset our bubba, can't have them being a Mama's girl or boy before they're even born." He replied, rubbing gentle circles to soothe the spots where the baby kicked.

As the month went on, Michael and his wife both endured pranks from the other, including finding a room full of balloons and his car covered in sticky notes. As their due date was approaching, his wife was exhausted and didn't ever want to think of another prank again.

"Babe I think you win. I'm all out." She laughed to her husband, who smirked at her admitting defeat.

"But there's still so many days left! My fun isn't over yet, I have to take advantage of the full month. Don't give up yet." He replied, as she playfully rolled her eyes, laying down on the sofa to nap.

"Whatever, Clifford. Your baby is restless and I'm sleep deprived, so come here and let us nap on you." She chuckled, gesturing out for him to come and cuddle with her and their unborn baby. He settled in behind her and let his wife lay back on his chest, smoothing his hands over her stomach as she fell asleep.

***

October always felt like a long month but this year it had dragged even more; Halloween had finally arrived and Michael's wife couldn't have been more relieved. Her due date had arrived, and all she wanted was for their baby to be here and for the month to be over.

She woke up the morning of the 31st and wondered what her husband would get up to on the last day of pranks for the year. As she sat up, she felt a slight discomfort in her lower stomach, hoping that this would be the day where their baby would finally make an appearance.

"I made you breakfast my love." Michael announced, entering their shared bedroom. His wife looked up at him fondly, appreciation in her eyes but then remembering what day of the month it was. "Don't look at me like that, I haven't done anything to it."

"Thank you, baby. I feel weird though, I don't wanna jinx it but maybe we'll be having a baby today." She stated, Michael's eyes widening as the realisation hit him. He'd been preparing for this moment for months, but hearing his wife say those words made his heart skip a beat.

"Really?! Are you okay? Do you need me to do anything?" He panicked, the excitement and fear settling in at what could be about to happen.

His wife chuckled, watching the way his eyes lit up. "I'm okay, baby. It's not happening yet, I just feel like it could be soon."

But then Michael remembered what day it was, and that this would be the ultimate way for the month of pranking to end. He gave his wife a questioning look but decided not to say anything, he didn't want to ruin her plan too quickly if that is what she was doing.

***

The day progressed and the pains got slightly more intense, causing also causing the anxiety levels in the house to rise. Michael's wife was good at hiding the pain, she didn't want to panic her husband unnecessarily. But he was still doubting whether this was real or not.

His wife stood in the nursery, folding clothes and blankets, attempting to distract herself from the cramps in her lower stomach and radiating up her back. Then suddenly there was a sharp, stabbing pain, causing her to call out for her husband who came jogging up the stairs.

"Baby? Are you okay?" He questioned, placing his hand on her lower back and applying slight pressure there.

"The pains are getting worst, I think this actually might be happening." She replied, anxiety present on her face. Michael again gave her a questioning glance, as if to say that he didn't believe her. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just saying babe... this would be a good way to end the month." He smirked, his wife rolling her eyes and shaking her head at him.

"I know this seems convenient but I'm really not joking around here Mike, it hurts." She whined, but Michael felt he knew his wife enough to know when she was actually in pain. He laughed again, stepping back from her.

"Good try babe, I'll give you that." He responded, trying to laugh it off, but at the back of his mind he felt guilty if she wasn't lying. He glanced at his wife and she had tears in her eyes - would she really go that far for a prank? "You're scaring me now, is this really happening?"

"Yes it is Michael, you have to believe me." She pleaded with him, a few tears slipping from her eyes and she took deep breaths, holding onto the side of the crib for support. Michael furrowed his eyebrows, something in his head telling him that maybe his wife wasn't lying after all.

"Hey, hey. It's okay honey, I've got you. Shh." He soothed, pulling her into his arms and against his chest. He wiped the tears from her cheeks and pressed a kiss to her lips, as a sorry for not believing her first time. "Deep breaths baby, I'm here."

"We need to go."

***
Several hours later, Michael and his wife found themselves cuddled into a small hospital bed together, joined by their brand new baby girl, who finally decided to make her arrival in the late hours of Halloween.

"Well, now this month will be even more special, huh?" Michael murmured, softly stroking his thumb down his tiny baby's face. "God, she's so beautiful. I can't believe you did this."

"We did this." She corrected him, smiling and reaching up to kiss her husband. Their baby was content, she had recently been fed for the first time and Michael had managed to steal her for their first ever snuggles. She was bundled into soft blankets to keep her warm, although she was only wearing a nappy, in order to have skin on skin contact with her Dad. He couldn't keep his eyes away from her. "I love you both so much."