Middle Of The Night // Luke

A/N - big thankyou to everyone who is voting and leaving lovely comments, you're all so sweet awh☺️xxx

You and Luke were snuggled together in bed, catching up on some sleep. The two of you were always exhausted after taking care of your daughter, six week old Darcy.

As soon as Luke hear the cries coming from the crib at his side of the bed, he wakes up instantly. Looking over at your side of the bed, he decided to let you sleep.

He rolled out of bed, peering into the crib below him. Darcy was squirming around in her blanket, looking uncomfortable. Her cheeks were inflamed and she sounded snuffly, sneezing a few times too.

"Aw, baby.." Luke murmured, picking her up out of the crib and cradling her. She was hot, she definitely had a temperature. "Are you getting sick? It's okay, i'll try and make it better."

He unwrapped her from the blanket and held her against his chest, feeling the small amount of sweat covering her back. He headed towards the nursery, not risking waking you up.

He flicked on the lamp in the corner of the room before undressing her and laying her on the changing table. He quickly changed her as she started to get fussy, missing the contact.

"Shh baby, i'm almost finished..." He whispered, rubbing her cheek.

He took her temperature, seeing that it was a few degrees higher than normal. She was definitely sick.

Luke picked her up and cradled her against his chest, rubbing her back softly. His voice mumbled the tune to 'A Drop In The Ocean' as he began to slowly walk around the room.

Luke stepped over to the crib and tried to lay Darcy  in there, but as soon as he removed her from the comfort of his chest, she began to cry again.

"Shh, shh sweetie, Daddy's right here." Luke whispered, rubbing her tummy lightly.

She wouldn't settle though, so Luke took the easier option of letting her sleep on his chest, snuggled back in bed next to you.

"Is she okay?" You mumble, opening your eyes slightly.

"I think she may be getting sick, but she's comfortable now so let's just wait until tomorrow." Luke replied, before the two of you fell asleep again.

A/N - requests are appreciated, I feel more comfortable writing about babies and toddlers rather than older children, but I can try maybe???👍