Christmas Stress • Calum

A/N - thanks for reading💘

Having only given birth just over a week ago, everybody expected that Calum's wife wouldn't be up to making Christmas dinner but she felt like it was important to celebrate your baby boy's first Christmas together. So, they invited all of hers and Calum's family over for Christmas, but she were stressing out. It was only a few days away but there was still so much to do and prepare, as well as taking care of herself and their new baby.

"Babe, you really need to slow down." Calum said concerningly, cradling his baby boy in his muscular arms, one arm under his bum and the other stroking his thick, dark hair. "You heard what the midwives said. Take it easy."

"But everything has to be perfect for your family, they're all expecting so much and it has to be right Calum." She replied, wrapping more tinsel around the top of the fire place.

"My family are expecting you to look after yourself and our new baby boy, not work so hard that you won't be able to do anything." He argued and she rolled her eyes, pressing his warm lips to the top of the baby boy's head. He whined and let out a cry, tiny fists hitting into Calum's chest as he bounced him softly.

"He must be hungry. I'll take him." She sighed tiredly, rubbing her eyes and reaching her arms out ready to take the baby.

"No, you're going to go take a bath whilst I feed him a bottle, yeah? You gotta go relax love, then I'll help sort out anything you need later." Calum reassured his wife, pressing a kiss to her forehead and then her lips as she thanked him and went to take a bath.

"Now kiddo, let's get you fed." He spoke to his new son, patting his back gently as he went into the kitchen.

Knowing that he'd need both hands to make and warm the bottle, he reluctantly lowered the baby into the bouncer securely placed on the table, cringing when the cries increased.

"Shh, shh, Daddy's sorting it baby boy, I'll be with you in ten seconds I promise." He soothed, rubbing his tummy softly and making comforting noises. He sighed in relief when the microwave beeped and the bottle was done.

"Here we go." He exhaled, testing the milk on his wrist to make sure it wasn't too hot. "Come here, my boy."

He slipped both hands underneath his small body and instinctively pulled him onto his chest, rubbing his back as he got him into the correct position for feeding. Slipping the nib of the bottle into his mouth, he chuckled as he realised how hungry he really was.

"Slow down little man." He smiled, stroking his cheek as he made his way to the sofa and got comfortable, holding him against his forearm and as close to his warm body as possible. "We're okay whilst your Mama goes and relaxes, aren't we?"

Calum reclined back into the sofa and put his feet up, clicking on the TV for soft background noise whilst he fed his son. He watched the way his baby's eyes fluttered open and shut as he tried to stay awake to finish his bottle, nuzzling his head into the crook of his arm.

"Is he okay?" His wife questioned, brushing through her wet hair as Calum looked up in surprise.

"That was a short bath, I told you to relax." Calum furrowed his thick eyebrows at her jokily, pouting before she gave him a kiss. "And yeah, he's fine. He's just finishing this bottle. He's falling asleep."

"I just had a shower, I wanted to hang out with my boys." She sighed contently, resting her head on Calum's shoulder. She watched as he finished his bottle, Calum's hands moving to rearrange the sleepy baby from cradling him in his arms to being pressed against his chest. He squirmed slightly and reached up to rub his tiny fists against his eyes, before settling against his Dad's chest.

"You smell so good." Calum mumbled, kissing her cheek and then the top of her head. She smiled sleepily, turning her head and kissing him softly. "I'm so in love with him. And you, of course."

"I'm so in love with you both too. We got so lucky, didn't we?" She replied, stroking the dark, soft hair that just about touched the top of his back. It was just beginning to curl, and she wondered whether their son would inherit Calum's full head of thick curls.

"I definitely did. I'm so grateful that I have you both." He grinned, resting his forehead against hers as he pressed gentle kisses around her face.

"Now, let's talk about colour schemes for the Christmas tree..."