Safe Place // Luke

^^^ bringing this back so you can cry your eyes out☺️ they're so cute ohmy😇 and they've been together for three years!! awh babies🌸

A/N - i'm not sure how this is gonna turn out but whatever😇 mock exams are gonna kill me😵😖️xxx

Luke sat at his daughter's bedside, her hooked up to an IV going into her hand and a pot around her leg following an accident that happened at school earlier.

He didn't know how it happened; he didn't listen properly when the school called him earlier to let him know. He just heard the words "bad accident" and "hospital" and he didn't waste anytime before going to find his baby girl.

"Mr and Mrs Hemmings?" the nurse said, as you both snapped your head up to look in the direction of the door. "Just to let you know she should be waking up soon. Due to the medication she may be confused and upset, if you need anything, let me know."

You both thanked her and Luke sighed, running his thumb across the back of her little hand.

"She's gonna be upset that she can't run around with her friends for a while." You mumbled, feeling down about the whole situation.

"We'll just have to find other things for her to do, she'll be fine babe." He smiled weakly, reassuring himself as well as you.

"Daddy? Mummy? Where am I? Daddy!" You were both startled as your daughter burst into tears, suddenly waking up and Luke sat on her bed and pulled her close to him.

"Shh, sh, hi sunshine. You're okay, we're here." He kissed her forehead and slowly laid down next to her, rubbing her back softly.

"What's in my hand? Get it out Daddy, I don't like it! Daddy!" She panicked, trying to grab at her hand as Luke restrained her, holding her hand.

"Baby, look at Daddy, you're fine. That's gonna help you feel better, okay? Don't pull it out baby, it's okay." He murmured, kissing her forehead.

"I wanna go home." She cried into his chest, as you moved to sit on the other side of her bed, rubbing her shoulder.

"I know you do, I know. I want us to go home too." He sighed, stroking her hair. "You're being really brave though."

"Why is my leg pink?" She asked, her breathing increasing again in panic.

"You fell over at school and hurt it, so you just need this on to keep it safe, okay?" You smiled, kissing her forehead. "You can get your friends to draw on it if you like."

"My head feels funny." She mumbled, closing her eyes again sleepily.

"Go back to sleep then, it's okay. We'll stay right here with you and be here when you wake up. I'll come and lay with you, come on." Luke reassured her, slipping into the bed and pulling her to rest on his chest.

She snuggled her head into his neck and relaxed, comforted by the familiar smell of her Father and home. He'd always be there; whenever they were, he'd always be her safe place.