Splish Splash // Michael

A/N - Keep leaving questions below for my Q&A! I'm interested, which of my imagines is your favourite?xx

BTW i'm so happy that Mikey is okay, he scared me so much on saturday night😪

Having a baby for the first time and being new parents was terrifying. Everyday was a challenge, and even though you were both completely in love with your baby girl, parenthood still scared you both.

Today you were faced with the challenge of bathing 5 day old Eliza for the first time, and let's just say; you weren't looking forward to it.

"Babe, do we have to?" Michael whined, nuzzling closer to the tiny baby sleeping on his chest, her head on his shoulder. "What if she doesn't like it?"

"We can't avoid it forever, Mikey. If she doesn't like it, we'll just take her out and wash her with the wipes again. I just think it's a milestone we need to cross babe." You argued, him pouting cutely at you. "Mikey, don't do that to me."

"Fine, but i'm holding her the entire time." He stated, you chuckling and agreeing.

"If that what it takes, then fine."

***

"I'm still not sure about this." Michael sighed, removing the baby grow and vest from the wriggling newborn as you prepared everything; a small baby bath, towels and shampoo.

"She'll be fine, we can't put much water in anyway and you'll be holding her so no need to worry." You reassured him, filling the bath with a small amount of warm water.

"Don't worry baby, Daddy's got you." Michael kissed her forehead, lowering her into the water.

Michael's hands were secure but gentle as he laid held her in the water, anxious to see how she'd react.

"I think she likes it?" You said, contradicting yourself as two seconds later screams filled the bathroom. "Or maybe not."

"Shh, shh. Baby, I've got you, it's okay." Michael soothed, hushing her and rubbing her tummy with his thumb. "It's okay love."

You tried to wash her with a cloth but with great difficulty as she thrashed around and screamed. Michael chuckled but felt guilty for putting her through something she hated.

"Her cries are so cute but they break my heart." He chucked, still trying to calm her down.

"Yeah maybe we should try again another day.. I'll go get a towel." You giggled, as she wriggled around and wailed in Michael's hands. "Here you go."

You laid the towel on the floor next to the bath and Michael quickly laid her down on it, rubbing the towel on her tiny body.

"Shh, I've got you now! It's okay baby girl, shh." Mikey scooped her up to his chest and wrapped the towel tightly around her, pressing his lips to her forehead and leaving kisses there. "Shh, shh."

He rocked her and rubbed her back, trying to keep her warm and comfortable so she knew he was there. "It's okay." He soothed, rocking from side to side to calm her.

She rubbed her eyes and sneezed, causing you and Mikey to giggle. "She's so adorable!"

"She really is." You agreed, kissing her forehead then kissing Michael.

"Shall we get you dressed before you go to sleep? Yeah?" Michael cooed, resting her on the changing mat.

The change in temperature hit her and she wailed again, crying to be held by Mikey again. "Shh, I'm here, it's okay." He soothed, pressing a pacifier to her lips and wrapping the towel around her as he chose a onesie out and got a nappy.

"We can have more cuddles soon, I promise baby girl." He murmured, changing her as quickly as he could.

"I brought her a bottle, mind feeding her whilst I shower?" You asked, as Michael smiled and kissed you.

"Of course not, you go relax. I won't be long." He replied, you cuddling him from behind before leaving the bottle next to him and going to shower.

"There we go." Michael grinned, scooping her up and wrapping her in her soft comfy blanket, keeping her warm. "Lets have our cuddles now."

He pressed the nib of the bottle to her lips, her quickly accepting it and drinking heavily. "Wow, slow down gorgeous! It's not going anywhere." He chuckled, smiling as her tiny hand wrapped around his little finger.

Michael's heart filled with love, having someone who was a part of him and the woman he loved meant everything. Being a father was the most incredible feeling in the world and he'd never felt more content...