Still The Best // Ashton [Part Three]

A/N - thought I'd write this one now because the last one was so short😁🌸😇

"Ash i'm gonna be sick." You mumbled, taking short deep breaths and trying to slow your heartbeat that was racing faster than it should've been.

"Calm down baby, everything's gonna be just fine. I'm right here, okay?" He reassured, rubbing circles in your baby bump. "We'll get through this."

"Mrs Irwin." The nurse called out, Ashton placing his hand on your back as you anxiously walked into the small room. "I know this is worrying but do try to relax."

You both sat down and Ashton rested his hand on your shaking knee, trying to calm you down.

"Right... So we looked at the blood tests, and we think we've found the problem." She sighed, giving you direct eye contact. You took a deep breath and braced yourself for the worst. "We think your baby is deaf."

Ashton sat back into the chair and put his head in his hands, trying to slow his breathing. He was annoyed and upset at the same time, and he didn't know why.

"I know this is hard news to take in, but we do have options for you both. You aren't alone in this and it certainly isn't your fault." The nurse added, giving you both time to take in what she was saying.

"So what do we do next?" Ashton asked, wiping away the tears forming in his eyes.

"Well of course if you decide to keep the baby, you'll have to come back for regular check-ups and there's no reason for you not to go full term because it isn't a physical disability." She said, as you nodded. "And there is always the option of abortion, if you think that's the right thing to d-"

"No." Ashton stated. Abortion wasn't an option for him, there's no way he could let go of his little girl now. "Abortion isn't an option, right babe?"

You agreed and nodded, rubbing your baby bump as she started to kick you.

"She's kicking." You smiled, tears forming in your eyes. "I'm definitely keeping this baby."

"That's fine. It just means that there will be a long process after she's born, with lots of different ways to go, involving a special hearing aid or learning sign language. What ever you decide to do is completely okay."

*****IF YOU HATE THE GIANT TIME SKIP THEN LET ME KNOW AND I'LL CHANGE IT SORRY*****

"It's a girl! Congratulations you two!" The Doctor announced, placing the baby up to your chest and wrapping a towel around her back.

"You did it babe, she's here!" Ashton cried happily, placing his hand on her back and looking down at her.

The baby on your chest squirmed around and let out a loud cry, letting you know she was here. She snuggled down closer into your chest and you kissed her head, as you and Ashton watched her and cried.

"She's perfect." He murmured, rubbing his finger over her cheek. "We did good, huh?"

"We'll just go clean her up for you, then have a quick cuddle but we'll need her for tests, sorry." The Doctor explain, collecting her from your chest.

"Do we know she's definitely deaf?" Ashton asked her, wiping his eyes again.

"That's what we're about to test for." She gave you a sympathetic look and rushed off to clean her up.

"She's perfect though." You smiled, feeling the exhaustion and happiness coursing through your veins.

"Yeah, we did amazing baby, I'm so proud of you." He murmured, stroking your hair as he kissed you passionately, waiting for your baby girl to come back.

A/N - how many parts should I do?? like 5?xx