Sleep For Now // Calum

A/N - does it make sense to write about Christmas Eve when it isn't Christmas Eve??? yes??? okay good🎄🎅

The whole house was finally quiet for once, apart from the padding footsteps of your dog, Daisy, who would soon settle down to sleep too.

Christmas Eve was his favourite night of the year. The four of you were excited and you'd have your annual Christmas movie night, all cuddled up together on the sofa. It had started with Elf, then Frozen (which isn't a Christmas movie but the girls insisted anyway) and finally, Home Alone.

The girls had fallen asleep snuggled up in each of Calum's arms, and the two of you had successfully gotten them to bed without waking them.

It was now 2:15am and you and Calum were fast asleep, as well as one of the girls; Rose. But Isobelle was laid awake, thoughts of Santa going through her head.

The twins were very similar and did everything together. They looked exactly the same but their personalities were completely different. Rose was care free and confident, where as Isobelle was shy and anxious.

Izzy laid awake in her bed, worrying of Santa knowing if she was awake. She wouldn't get any presents if Santa knew she wasn't asleep.

She hopped out of bed, darted across the hallway and into your bedroom.

"Daddy?" She whimpered, poking Calum's cheek. "Wake up Daddy, please."

Calum opened one and and saw one of his little girls in front of him, her brown eyes full of tears. He sat up and reached out for her, pulling her into his warm body.

"Hey Izzy, what's wrong my love?" He asked, kissing her forehead. "Why aren't you asleep?"

"I woke up too early Daddy, now Santa isn't gonna bring me any presents, he might t-"

"Shh, calm down baby. You've been a good girl all year, don't worry. I'm sure he's gonna leave you some presents." Calum reassured her, rubbing her back.

She rested her head on his shoulder and nuzzled into his neck, inhaling his comforting and familiar scent. She rubbed her eyes and let out a yawn as Calum laid back into the bed.

"Are you sleepy?" He murmured quietly to her, trying to keep her calm. She nodded and whined against his shoulder as he shifted around, him hushing her quietly. "You can sleep in here with us."

"Has Santa already been?" She mumbled sleepily, her eyes closing as Calum rhythmically rubbed her back.

"I don't think so baby. Go to sleep for now." He replied, stroking her hair. "You'll have your presents in the morning."