Chapter 7- The Letter

We went on to spend the evening locked away on my bus, not letting anyone else on board. Even my sister couldn't come in. We spent the night writing a new song and just goofing off with our guitars. Until at about 12:30am I decided it was time to get some sleep so, I went into the bathroom to change into my favorite pair of black rollover waist lounge pants.

I walked back out in them paired with a pale green racerback tank where I moved over toward the tiny closet. I pulled one of my best friend's hoodies off the hanger and slid it over my head. I moved back over to the couch and curled up next to my best friend where we finally fell asleep together.

After waking up the next morning, Hunter and I decided not to say anything until we'd figured a way out of Libby's threats. Even down to hiding our feelings. Though we did start dating in secret for the next 3 months.

I started to notice during the middle of that 3rd month that Libby was being even colder toward me and really turning on the charm around Hunter. I mean, I knew she was faking that she loved him but why would she need to antagonize me? Well, I was about to find out.

While I'm still Hunter's tour manager, my job has been getting significantly harder since Libby has been thwarting me at every possible move. I didn't have any reason to suspect that she had any idea what he and I had talked about 3 months ago.

Until, I had just gotten up one morning when my Iphone rang from my bunk on the bus. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed it, answering,

"Hello?"
"Miss Edwards?"
"Yes, I'm Ryleigh Edwards, is there a problem with tonight's venue?"
"Not with the venue. With you and the headliner."

"What? What problem with me and Mr. Hayes?"
"I can't give you details, but accusations have been made by a Miss Barnes."

"Libby Barnes? What did she say?"
"I told you, she didn't tell me any details. But she has threatened that either you no longer continue as tour manager for Mr. Hayes, or he will no longer be performing at this venue this evening."

"Ok, I will consider what you've said and make my decision by 1pm. That will be long before I would ever show up tonight. In case you're wondering, I usually remain on the bus until 4:30pm."

With that I hung up. As I went to leave the bus, I found a piece of paper on the floor like it been slid under the door. I picked it up, sat down on the couch and began to read.

The front of the envelope read, "Miss Ryleigh Edwards, Private"

A/N: Only the tip of all the drama that's to come... What could possibly happen next?
Who sent that letter and what's in it?