Chapter 25- Surprise!!

2 days later, 3 hours before that concert in Lafayette, I showered, wrapped my towel around me and walked into the closet. I pulled a red and black plaid short sleeved shirt dress. Sliding on athletic black leggings underneath, I buttoned up the dress and walked over to Emmy's room just down the hall. I helped her get dressed in nice jeans paired with her pale pink 'Daddy's Little Princess' t-shirt.

We both pulled on our cowgirl boots, walked out to the car and climbed into my Mustang on our way to Lafayette. It was only a 20 minute drive to the Cajundome, so, I knew we'd get there about 30 minutes before the concert started at 7.

When we finally arrived, we immediately walked over and entered Hunter's bus, knowing that he wouldn't be on it. But instead he was backstage hanging out with and getting ready with his band. Emmy, right away ran back to the back lounge and climbed up on the couch next to Cole, the greyhound that Hunter had just adopted. Lynette has insisted that she'll watch her granddaughter while I watch the concert from backstage.

I have this suspicion that she knows more than she's telling me. Almost like there's a secret about to be revealed at the concert, but I'm the only one who doesn't know. But I'm probably just imagining things.

As soon as I was far enough backstage that the band could see me, Devon saw me and immediately said,
"Ryleigh, you're here!" His reaction though, made me suspicious, so, I answered,
"Ok, what's going on? First Lynette, and now you. This isn't as surprise a visit as I thought it was, is it? He knows I'm here, doesn't he?"

"Alright, yes, he does know. But he made me and the rest of the band promise we wouldn't tell you what he has planned. You'll find out soon though. Just make sure you're standing to the right of the stage back here where Hunter can see you right after you hear 'Crazy'."

That song fell at about the halfway point in the show and I was standing just offstage when it ended. I watched as Hunter set down his guitar and stood, silent, just staring out at the crowd. Until finally he said,
"Before I can continue this show, I have to do something. Ryleigh, I know you're right back there. Would you come out here?"

I walked out toward him, a confused look on my face.

"I'm not exactly sure where to start, but, Ryles, you've been my best friend as long as I can remember. We've been through everything together, and now I know this is the right moment. I know it's perfect, it's the last day of this tour and our hometown. Ryleigh Avery Edwards, will you marry me?"

A/N: So, now it's Hunter's turn to surprise Ryleigh... What do you think, will she agree that it's the right time? Is the drama surrounding them finally over? Or could there be more excitement to come?