Chapter 18- Emmy

"Normally I would say yes, but I was just thinking, this would be the perfect way to surprise him on stage. Actually, I have a plan for that, say during an upcoming show. But I need to call Sam again. Do you want to hold your little granddaughter?"

As I handed her to her grandma, Lynette asked,
"Do you know what you're going to name her?"

I answered as I was looking through my phone,
"Yeah, Hunter and I talked about names. We never could agree on a boy name, but we did agree if it was a girl to name her Emmy. So, she's Emmy Isabella Hayes."

"I like it and I know he will too."
I dialed Sam's number and waited for him to answer as Lynette handed Emmy back to me while she and her husband went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch. I smiled down at my now sleeping daughter as I listened to Sam's phone ring again and again. Finally it went to voicemail and I said,

"Hey, Sam, we need to talk. I have a surprise I'd like to pull off for Hunter, but I need your help. So, call me as soon as you get a chance."

I hung up and being careful not disturb Emmy, picked up the tv remote and began to quietly flip channels. After watching half a rerun of Law and Order SVU, my phone rang. I muted the sound of the tv, picked up the phone and said,
"Sam! Hey, glad you called back so quick."
"Yeah, what's up, Ryleigh? How are you doing?"

"I'm better now."
"You mean, the baby?"
"Yeah, it's a girl, Emmy. And that's why I called. I want to surprise Hunter with her picture on stage. That video feed cut off right before he would have seen her."
"So, that's why he's being weird right now. He's been trying to call you constantly, but obviously you haven't picked up."

"Well, you can tell him that's because I left my phone back at his parents' house before we came to the hospital. But, don't tell him it's a girl yet."
"Ok, Ryleigh, what's your plan?"
"So, I saw you're doing a show in Kentucky in 2 days right?"

"Yeah, and what do you need my help for?"
"I'm planning to be there for that show, but I want to stay on the bus without him knowing until the end of the show. And this is how the fans are going to find out, by having a picture of his daughter come up on that screen at the back of the stage."

"That should be easy enough."
"I was also thinking about maybe doing a video to play first. But I'll take care of that. I just need you to help with making sure Hunter doesn't suspect anything and to keep him away from the bus just before the show. And I'll send the video to you to put on the screen, say, after 'Love Makes Me'."

He agreed, and after we hung up, I began to get dressed to go home. 20 minutes later, I was being wheeled out of the hospital. The next day, I was with Emmy on a helicopter courtesy of Dann Huff, headed to Kentucky. That first night Dann paid for us to stay in a hotel room. By 5 pm the day of the show, I was on the bus, recording the video which I had planned out the day before. I got it off to Sam and then it was time to just sit back and wait.

A/N: So, Ryleigh plans to surprise Hunter on stage... What do you think, will she be able to pull it off with Sam's help?  Pic below is Emmy....

 What do you think, will she be able to pull it off with Sam's help?  Pic below is Emmy