Chapter 13- Together Again?

Hunter stayed in Louisiana and moved into my apartment in New Orleans for the next 3 weeks until I was 10 weeks along and then we planned to go to my doctor to get a paternity test done.

I was nestled under the blankets when I finally rolled over expecting to see Hunter next to me. Yet, the bed beside me was empty. I shifted onto my back so I could look around the room, but there was no one else in the room. Just then his head poked through the door and said,
"You still in bed, Ry?" He walked over to sit on the bed.

"You're up early today."
"Yeah, isn't this the day we're going to your doctor?"
"Oh, it is," I sat up as soon I remembered. I sat up so quickly that I regretted it as soon as I had. So far, I hadn't had a lot of morning sickness. But occasionally I would feel a little nauseous. I rested my head on Hunter's shoulder, closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths to try to calm my stomach down.

"You okay?" He sounded worried as he wrapped an arm around to hold me.
"Yeah, I'll be fine. Let's go to the doctor's office."
Hunter insisted on helping me to the car once I'd gotten dressed. And we were soon on our way to the doctor.
We'd only been in the waiting room for 15 minutes when a nurse called,

"Miss Quinn? You can come right this way." I stood up to follow her and insisted that Hunter come with me.
"So, Ryleigh, is it?" The doctor finally came in, "I'm Dr. Olivia Johnson. I believe I was the one you saw 5 weeks ago when you first found out."

"Yeah, that's right."
"And this is?" She looked in Hunter's direction.
"Remember, I said I wanted a paternity test for DNA proof. Well, he's the one I'm convinced is the father."

15 minutes later, she had all the swabs and samples she needed and soon went into another room to run them. While she was gone, I got changed out of the hospital style gown back into my jeans and t-shirt. Dr. Olivia was out of the room for the next 20 minutes until she finally came back, papers in hand, saying,

"Ok, I have your results. First, your baby is perfectly healthy and is continuing to grow the way it should. And what you wanted to know, Ryleigh, your suspicions are correct. Hunter, you are definitely the father of her baby."
I breathed a sigh of relief as I asked Hunter if he would go out so I could ask the doctor a question in private. He agreed and walked out.

After, I asked,
"My question is, how accurate are sonograms?" I pulled mine and Libby's out of my pocket, "I mean, if we have proof that my baby is Hunter's, and someone claims hers is his too, what is the likelihood that he could have fathered both?"
Olivia stared at both for a few minutes before answering,

"Just looking at these, without knowing who the other young woman is, seeing the dates and everything on here, I would say not likely at all. You now know that Hunter is the father of your baby. And you said he was with you in Louisiana the 2 weeks around when both sonograms say those babies were conceived."

"So, you're saying, of course without DNA proof that the other woman could easily be lying about the father of her baby?"
"Yes, she could quite easily be lying."

Feeling much happier now, I left the office and walked out to the Range Rover. I climbed in the passenger seat and Hunter began driving us back to my apartment. As soon we got there and climbed the steps to the door, I heard a phone ring, and said,
"Is that yours?"

"Yeah, sorry, I'll be right in after I answer." I continued in, kept the door unlocked and shut it behind me. I walked over to the kitchen, opened the fridge door trying to decide if I wanted something to eat. A couple minutes later, I closed it again, leaning one hand against the counter and holding one against my tiny bump. I just stood imagining the little person growing inside my belly until I felt arms wrap around me. I was startled and jumped slightly.

"Didn't mean to scare you." I heard Hunter say quietly in my ear.
"I know, I was just thinking," I relaxed back into him once I realized who it was.
"About what?"

"Oh, I don't know, just a little bit of everything that's happening. It's not what I planned at all."
"I know. It's not how I thought things would happen either."
"What are we going to do, though?"

"I don't know, do you want me to hold off on touring and everything publically music related for a while?"
"You know I could never ask you to do that. I've still got 6 and a half months till this baby is due. I assume you'll be going back to Nashville again soon."

"Yeah, I am, why?"
"I want to go with you. I can travel on tour with you as your tour manager again."
"I'd love that, but what about Libby? Won't she have something to say about that?"

"She might, but as soon as we get that paternity test to prove that some other guy is the father of her baby, she won't be able to blackmail you anymore."

A/N: So, Hunter IS the father of Ryleigh's baby.... What about Libby? Was Hunter really in Louisiana for those entire 2 weeks? What fight will Libby put up when she finds out? Did Libby really go back to Nashville like she said she did?