Chapter 6- Problems

"What is it? You're scaring me now, Hunter." I sat down next to him until finally he said,
"Sam and I were talking. He, umm, tried to convince me of something that I didn't want to believe a couple months ago. But now I'd like to think it's possible."
"Oh, now I think I know what you're talking about. But go on."

"Well, apparently he and your sister were talking and they think there's something more between us than friends. I know you think I'm in love with Libby, don't you, Ryles?"
"Yeah, I guess," I managed to answer.
"I don't love her, Ry. I didn't want to say anything right away, but there is someone I'm in love with."

He paused before I finally stammered out,
"Well, who is it?"
It seemed like he was trying to decide whether to tell me or not until finally he was the one able to stammer out,
"You. You, Ryles, it's always been you."

My jaw dropped in shock until I finally managed to say,
"Wow, you never let on. I had no idea till earlier today. I always hoped though."
"Are you saying....?" Hunter looked at me, hope filling his bright blue eyes.
"Yes, I like you. As more than a best friend." A smile slowly spread across his face.
"There's only one problem."

"What, Hunter? Now, you really are scaring me," I slid closer to him as he put his arm around me and continued,
"The label. It was their decision to start the rumor that I have a girlfriend. And of course that led to finding someone to make appearances as my "girlfriend". I actually hired Libby myself but only as my hair and makeup artist. She was fresh out of school and looking for a job."
"So, she was chosen to pose as the fake girlfriend for the press and at award shows?"
"Yes, but that's not the problem."

"Then what is it? Can't you stop this? It's your life, Hunter. Why can't you decide whether to continue 'dating' her?"
"According to the president of Atlantic, yes, I could stop if I found someone else. But Libby has, well, she's not who everyone thinks she is. She comes off as this perfect, down to earth, sweet, loving, southern girl. But that's not the truth. I don't know what she has planned, but, she's threatened me if I even try to break up with her."

"What?! But she can't do that, can she?"
"I don't know, legally, probably not. But, she could do serious damage to the fanbase and my career. Ryles, music is what I live for. You know that better than anyone, but, I also now know I've been in love with you for quite a while. I don't know what to do."

A/N: Just for the record, I have no problem with Libby in real life..

If she and Hunter are happy together, I'm glad that he found someone special...

But for the purpose of this story, she's gonna end up being, well, not quite a villain.. But always at odds with Hunter and Ryleigh...

That being said, what do you think? Will Hunter be able to get out of that fake 'relationship'? Lots more drama coming between the love triangle of Hunter, Ryleigh and Libby....

And probably some things that you won't see coming...