Chapter 2- Moving to Nashville

A/ N: Short chapter this time around and quite a time jump. I promise they're going to get longer and there will some drama coming soon.

3 years later:

I rolled over in bed just in time to hear my Iphone ringing on the nightstand next to me. Rolling back over, I grabbed it. Seeing Hunter's face on the screen, I quickly pushed 'answer' and said,
"Hunt? What is it? Couldn't it have waited another 30 minutes?"

"Oh, did I wake you up again? Sorry. But no, it couldn't wait. Ryles, mom and I are moving to Nashville!"
At that, I shot up in bed, "What? You are?"

"But, the reason I called is cause I want you to come with us."
"Really? You do?"

"Yes, of course I want my best friend with me."
"Well, I want to. But I'll have to talk to my mom about it."

Thinking back, I realized this was inevitable. I knew how much he has always loved music and how much he has dreamed of performing for a huge crowd. After talking it over with my parents, they too realized that being there with my best friend while his dreams came true was a dream of mine. So, they agreed that since I was about to turn 18 in 2 days and as long as at least one of Hunter's parents was going with us, it would be fine for me to go along.

As soon as I had gotten my parents' permission to go, I skipped back up the stairs to my bedroom where I packed up my things. As I was packing my clothes into my largest suitcase, I grabbed my phone, picked Hunter out of my contacts and hit 'call'. I held the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I continued to go through my closet while I waited for him to answer.

"Hey, Ry! So? What did your parents say?"
I paused, just to make him wonder before finally saying, "I'm packing now. They said yes, Hunt!"

"That's great! So, we're driving out first. My parents will join us in a couple days."

"Great! I'll be ready in about an hour. I'll meet you at your car."