Chapter 5- Does she love him?

Ryleigh's POV:

I walked towards where the lights were being perfected for tour to go over some things with the lighting director. We were talking things over when Layla walked up to me.

"Hey, Ryleigh. Can we talk over coffee?"
"Yeah, sure. Just give me a couple minutes and I'll meet you by the bus."

She agreed and went out to wait for me. 15 minutes later, I met her and we headed over to the local coffee shop where we ordered our favorite drinks and sat down in a booth by the window.
"Leigh, I have to ask you something."
"Yeah, Layla? What is it?"

"You and Hunter."
"What about us?"
"Has there ever been anything else between you? I mean, besides friendship."
"You mean, have I ever thought I was in love with him? I don't know. Never really thought about it."

"Well? Are you?"
"I just said, I don't know."
"Ryleigh Avery! I've seen the way you look at him. Only when he's not looking at you, I might add. You like him, as more than just a best friend. Admit it."

"Alright, maybe I do, a little. But Layla, he has a girlfriend. And besides, we are best friends. If a relationship didn't work, it would make the friendship weird. And I don't want that to ever happen."

"But, does that mean you'll never tell him how you really feel?"
"Yes, it probably does."

"I'm pretty sure he likes you too." Layla blurted out, I assume before she could change her mind about telling me.
"What? What did you say?" I had heard her, but almost didn't believe her.

"I said," she sounded calmer this time, "That I think he likes you too."
"But how can you be sure?"

"Ryleigh, I've been on tour with you too. I've watched the two of you together. Not only that, Libby came to me wanting to talk. She said that you and Hunter have something that they don't. She also thinks that he likes you."

"Really? She thinks so too? But is she in love with him?" I felt tears start to form in my eyes, but did my best to hide that.
"Yeah, she does think he likes you. I don't know though, I think she does like him but I don't think she's in love with him."

"But I can't let her heart get broken. He can't break up with her because of me. I won't let that happen."
"You know, you and Hunter really are perfect together. You're both equally stubborn."

I just sighed, this wasn't the first time we'd both been called stubborn. At that point I was determined that I wouldn't tell him anything. As I walked back to my bus later that summer, the day of the first summer show to be exact, I realized Layla had been right. I was in love with my best friend.

As soon as I got in the bus and shut the door, I turned around to see Hunter sitting on my couch just as he said,
"Ryles, we need to talk."

A/N: Well, what do you think? What does Hunter want to talk to Ryleigh about?
Please stick with me on this story.. I promise there's lots more drama coming....