Beginning with Determination

I walked outside and into the rain that hadn't stopped coming down since it started last night. It quickly soaked through my jacket and into my clothes. My hair, which was no longer dry and swinging from side to side with its usual bounce, now clung to the sides of my face and draped limply over my shoulder and down my back.

"Jaileigh!"

I heard Brandon's voice, but didn't stop. I could hear his footsteps getting closer and closer, until his hand wrapped around my bicep and tugged me backwards.

"Jaileigh. What are you doing?"

I looked up at him. He was soaked about as much as I was. His dark shaggy hair clung to his forehead. We were so close that I could personally see the water droplets that rolled down his face from his hair.

"I'm going back to the school."

"Why?"

"Because, I have a 'mission', and I don't want to let you guys down, now do I?" I said in a defeated, yet snappy tone.

I turned around and started walking.

"You don't have to do it yet."

"When is it going to get done?"

"Later. Just please come back with me."

I sighed and looked at the school. I didn't realize that I had gotten this far. I was practically at the fence. Turning around, I let him wrap his arm around me and pull me to him. We walked back to the village in silence.

£

"Ew, that looks nasty." I said.

I had a bowl of... Stew, in front of me. And let me tell you. It looked gross!

"But it tastes good." Brandon said and then took a bite.

"I'm never kissing you again." I stated.

His face was priceless. A mixture of shock, and confusion. He looked like a little kid.

"What?" He said, dropping his spoon.

It landed in the stew, and caused it to splash up and hit me in the face.

"Ew!" I screamed.

I wiped the droplets of stew off of my face and then wiped it on him.

"You can have it back."

"I don't want it back." He whined.

"Well I didn't want it to begin with."

We both laughed but that was cut short when I heard Alex's voice behind me.

"Jaileigh, it's time for you to go back."

I sighed and turned back to him.

"Okay. Will I be able to come back?"

"Once your mission is complete. But it's only if you want to."

"Okay. Well, I will be on my way then."

"Brandon take her back. Make sure she gets in without being seen."

"Yes sir."

I stood up and turned to walk out of the cafeteria, but Alex wrapped his arms around me in a sort of hug.

"Be careful." He said.

"I will?" I told him, confused as to why he'd say that.

"Good bye for now Jaileigh."

"Bye!"

And with that I left with Brandon. We made it back to the fence quickly and he let me through. When I turned around to hold the fence for him, the fence was latched and he was no where to be seen.

Confused but determined, I turned around and headed for the building. I was going to complete this mission.

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hey nuggets! Hope ya liked it!

What does Alex want with Derek? And what will happen when Jaileigh finds out the secret? Who is Alison really?

Please comment and vote! Hit that follow button as hard as you possibly can!

Thanks for reading everyone!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️