A Big Surprise (part two)

I woke up in the morning, to find the Alpha King standing at the foot of my bed, staring at me.

Creepy.

I tried to sit up, but the weight against me reminded me that Autumn was still there.

She snuggled even closer to me, and I looked down at her. I shook her shoulder lightly, and her eyes opened and she looked up at me.

"Time to wake up." I said.

She yawned and pushed the covers back. When she caught sight of Derek she jumped up and ran across the bed to him. She jumped into his arms and wrapped her arms around him.

"Derek!" She said.

"Hey Autumn." He said back.

She pulled away and looked at him. I watched and saw a smile grow on his lips.

I pushed the covers back and stood up.

"Can I take a bath?" She said, turning and looking at me.

"Sure." I said.

I went into the bathroom and turned on the water after stopping the bottom of the tub.

I made sure the water was warm and then turned it off. She came running in and walked over to me.

I helped her take her clothes off and then i sat at the side of the tub and washed her hair, then let her wash her body.

"I'm going to let you wash yourself, okay?" I asked her.

"Okay." She said.

I got up and turned around to find Derek standing in the doorway of the bathroom watching me.

I walked out, and he followed. I closed the door partly, leaving a crack between the door and the door frame.

"Why is she in here?" His voice soft, but serious.

I looked up at him.

"She came into my room last night, and said she was running from a man. She wanted to stay, so I let her."

He looked at me and I looked at him, trying to read his expression, but failing to do so. I was about to ask him why exactly a child was in a boarding school that 'imprisoned' fifteen through eighteen year olds, not counting Jacey and I, but Autumn yelled for me.

"Jai!"

I turned my back to Derek and walked into the bathroom to find water on the floor in front of the bathtub, and a mountain of bubbles in the bathtub.

"What did you do?" I asked her.

She looked at me and I almost started laughing. She had bubbles all over her face.

"I added more soap to make more bubbles." She said innocently.

"But how did you get water on the floor?"

"Well, the bubbles weren't forming, so I turned the water on and that's when it started to work."

I sighed and then walked over to the bathtub. I unplugged the drained, and once the water was all gone, I turned the showerhead on and got rid of the bubbles, in the bathtub and on her.

After she was all clean, I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around her, then picking her up, we went back into my bedroom and I set her on the bed. I turned around to see Derek walking into my room. Strange, I didn't notice that he had left.

He handed me some clothes and I thanked him. Turning back to Autumn, I dried her off and then helped her get dressed. Then I went and grabbed a brush. I dried her hair as best as I could, and then brushed it out.