A Second Chance

"Everyone please sit down." I said.

I watched as the ladies and men scrambled to find their seats.

"Okay, first item I wanted to talk about was the Alpha King."

Everyone's eyes where automatically trained on me at the mention of Derek.

"Your former leader, Alex, wanted to terminate him. But now that I'm leader, we won't have any of that. The people in the fence stay in the fence. No one in there is to have any harm come to them."

"But Miss-"

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yes, miss."

"That's as far as that topic will go. If anyone dares to disobey me, I will exile you."

They all stared at me with wide eyes.

"You wouldn't..." One of the men started to say.

"Don't underestimate my character. And don't test me. Because you'll be the first example."

He shut up immediately, and I smiled to myself.

These people had too much freedom with their mouths and actions. They question their leader? Alex would have never allowed that...

I sighed. I can't just hold reins against them like that. They have to have freedom, but how do I control how much they have?

"I'm going to my room." I stated.

"But we still have more to talk about." A lady said.

"We can do that later. Maybe tomorrow over lunch."

I walked out of the room and towards the huge double doors that led outside.

As soon as I opened the doors, a cold blast of air hit me, causing me to pull my jacket tighter around me.

I looked across the open area, the muddy center that was practically liquid earlier, was now rock solid.

Winter was upon us. It's late, I thought fall would stay here.
Now don't get me wrong, I love fall, but winter is refreshing.

I looked up to see small snowflakes floating down. A smile crossed my lips.

I close my eyes and took a deep breath to clear my head.

A blast of air hit my face, giving me goosebumps all over my body, and blowing my hair behind me.

Suddenly a twig snapped and my peaceful moment was over.

My head snapped in the direction of the noise to find a traitor standing five feet away from me.

I narrowed my eyes at him and felt my muscles in my legs tense up as I readied myself to run if needed.

"What do you want Brandon?" I asked.

His eyes lowered to the ground and his hand came to rest on the back of his neck, scratching it as if he was nervous.

"I uh... Could we talk?"

"Why would I want to talk to you?"

"Please just hear me out."

"You tried to kill me!"

"Jaileigh please. Listen to my reason."

I sighed, thinking it over.

"Fine, but you make any advance towards me that makes me feel threatened, and I will attack you."

"Agreed."

"Well then, tell me your oh so good reason for trying to kill me."

"It was Alex. He had us under some sort of serum."

"Serum?"

"Yes, you know, it's a liquid-"

"Yes I know what a serum is."

"Well, it had something in it that he used to control us like puppets. I-I would never hurt you like that on purpose."

"Why should I believe you?"

"Because it's the truth. But you don't have to, I just hope you will."

I stood there and stared at him for a couple minutes.

"Fine. I'll give you a second chance, but if you blow this, it's game over for you."

He gave me a small smile, and I returned it.

The one thing that was floating through my mind, nagging at my conscience was...

Is he really telling the truth?

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hello lovelies! Hope ya liked this update!

Was he telling the truth? Was it all just a serum? Or was he actually in control of what he was doing?

Please comment and vote! Follow me please and thank you!

Thanks for reading guys!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️