New Territory

"Sister?" I said questioningly.

"Yes, Jaileigh, I'm your-"

"How! How is this possible?" I say cutting him off.

"We were separated when you turned one." He explained.

"I've been living alone all my life!"

"I know."

"If you're my brother, then why didn't you take care of me?"

"I figured you'd be better off on your own." He said.

"What! Why?"

"Because you learned how to fight. How to survive."

"Maybe I didn't want that! Maybe I wanted a family!" I yelled.

Well I'm sorry I made the wrong choice." He said.

"I can't believe I have a brother..." I whispered and leaned against a tree trunk.

I slid down to the ground and pulled my knees up to my chest, my head in my hands.

"Get up. It's time to go inside." Alex said.

I silently stood up with the aid of Brandon, and followed Alex inside a cabin.

"You will be sleeping in here." He said, stopping in front of a door.

"I'm staying?"

"Of course. We have things to discuss tomorrow. So you will stay the night."

I opened the door and looked at the room. It looked really comfy actually.

"Wait, Alex." I say and turn to face him.

Brandon was gone and I said a silent thank you.

"I was wondering if you could answer something for me."

"Yes?"

I lifted up the hem of my shirt and pulled down the waist of my jeans, revealing the mark.

"What is this?"

He stared at it and then said.

"Tell me, did you get this tattooed on?"

"No, that's why I'm asking what it is. It appeared last night."

"It's a birthmark." He said, his eyes coming up to meet mine.

"A birthmark?"

"This is the mark for the female. The male will have a howling wolf pointing towards your moon. When you find the male, you have found your soulmate."

"I have a soulmate?"

"Yes, and we know you have met him already because your birthmark has shown itself."

"I've already met him?"

"Yes, now get some sleep."

"Okay, thank you."

He turned and walked down the hall. I watched him go, but I caught sight of something that made my heart slip a beat.

Brandon had his shirt off, and that's not what caught my eye. It was the mark on the left side of his waist.

He had the birthmark that matched mine. But I remember seeing ink on the left side of Derek's waist line. It's probably nothing.

I shrugged and wt inside my room. I got changed into clothes that were in the dresser, and laid down on the bed.

My door opened and Brandon popped his head in.

"I can take you up on last nights offer." He said.

I sat up and laughed.

"Okay, get over here." I said and patted the bed.

He walked over, his torso still bare, and sat on the bed.

I laid down and put my back to him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him.

My back pressed up against his hard chest and toned abs. The muscles in his arms, flexed, as they wrapped around me.

I leaned my head against his chest. The top of my head fit under his chin perfectly.

The rain had started to come down, tapping on the window. Light thunder sounded up above and lightning occasionally lit up the room softly.

Brandon's chest rose and fell with steady breaths, telling me he was already asleep. I closed my eyes and matched my breathing with his.

Could Brandon and I really be mates?

This question rolled through my mind until I fell asleep, in this new territory I might be calling home.

️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hiya nuggets! Hope ya liked it!

Are Brandon and Jaileigh soul mates? Does Derek have a birthmark? And could Allison have one matching Derek's? Or does Brandon's match someone else's and Jaileigh and Derek match? I don't know.

Please comment and vote! Then slid on over to the follow button and smack it for me!

Go check out my friend Nika_570. She's an amazing writer! Follow her for me and vote on her books! They deserve it, trust me.

Thanks for reading everyone!
️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️