A Crushing Tragedy

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up!" Autumn whined into my ear.

I groaned and rolled over, away from her.

"Why?"

"Because I want to go for a walk. Oh and Daddy's here."

The last sentence caught my attention.

I bolted upright in the bed and looked to the foot of the bed to see Brandon standing there, looking at me with an amused glimmer in his eyes.

"Don't laugh at me. I always look this bad in the morning." I said.

He walked over to me and sat down.

"You don't look bad at all. You're beautiful."

I laughed. Beautiful? Me? In the mornings? Ha!

"Yes you're beautiful in the mornings. You're beautiful all the time." He said.

I just realized I had said that out loud. Whoops!

My cheeks grew warm from embarrassment, and I could see he was trying to hold back laughter.

I spun around and smashed my face into the pillow.

"Qui la-ing a ee." I said, the pillow muffling my voice.

"What?" he said while still laughing.

I sat up and took his face in both of my hands.

"Quit laughing at me."

"Make me." He stated.

Our faces were extremely close. His eyes flickered down to my lips and then back up to my eyes. I slowly leaned in, but right as our lips were about to meet, Autumn came running into the room, fully dressed, wet hair, and yelling.

"I'm ready to go!"

Brando and I pulled away from each other and looked at her.

"Oh, uh, were you two having a moment?" she asked.

My eyes widened and I watched as the tips of Brandon's ears became pink.

I started laughing and Brandon lightly hit my arm, which only caused me to laugh harder. I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, so I accidentally fell off of the bed.

Now it was Brandon's turn to laugh, and my turn to lightly hit him. He held his hand out for me to take. I grabbed a hold of him and let him help me up off of the floor.

"Hurry up and get ready mommy!"

"Okay, okay." I said, and made my way towards the bathroom to take the shortest shower I had ever taken in my life.

~~~

"Autumn get back here! I am not in the mood to chase after you. Unless your father wants to."

I looked at Brandon with an eyebrow quirked up in question. He shook his head, and my expression changed into one that practically challenged him to disobey me.

"Come on Jaileigh..." he whined.

"I'm your leader, you want to disobey me?"

"Yea, cuz then I'll get punished." He said and winked at me.

Before I could respond, he took off after Autumn. I continued walking along the path behind them with a smile on my face, and a light blush dusting my cheeks.

Suddenly I heard Autumn scream and Brandon's voice yelling for Autumn.

My walk turned into a full on run in two seconds flat.