One Last Piece

"What!?" She screamed.

I watched as the tears streamed down her cheeks.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I didn't know how to. I'm so sorry, please forgive me."

"I'm going to my room."

I stepped forward, my hand resting on her shoulder.

"Leave me alone." She muttered, jerking her shoulder away from me.

I stood there and watched as Autumn left my room without looking back.

How much did this hurt her?

£

One hand covered my mouth while the other tried not to drop what I was holding.

"How could this have... No, I can't be."

The tears started forming and without a moments hesitation they spilled.

I dropped what I was holding and crumpled to the ground, pressing my back against the wall.

There was a knock at the door but I didn't feel like getting up to answer it or even ask who it was from where I sat.

The knocking continued for a minute or two more but then stopped.

Suddenly the door opened and Elizabeth poked her head in.

"Jaileigh? What's wrong?" She asked.

She came over and took a seat on the floor by me.

I shook my head. New tears had started to form.

"Jaileigh wh-"

Her sentence cut off mid sentence when she spotted something on the floor.

She reached over and picked it up. Her eyes widening as she took in what the test said.

"You're pregnant?" She asked softly.

I nodded. I could hear the sadness in her voice. But I didn't want sympathy.

"Oh Jaileigh... I'm so sorry."

"I don't know what I'm going to do Lizzy."

"Well, you're not getting rid of that child. I can tell you that."

"I won't. It's the last piece of Brandon I have left."

£

"Jai, get out of the shower! It's time for supper!" Lizzy yelled through my bathroom door.

"I'll be out in a second!" I said.

I turned off the water and then grabbed one of the towels that hang by the door of the shower.

Wrapping it around me, I stepped out and walked across the bathroom and stood in front of the vanity in the corner.

I let the towel drop to the floor after drying myself off, and stood there staring at my stomach.

I then dried my hair as much as I could, and applied a little makeup.

When I walked out of the bathroom I found an outfit laying on the bed.

I slipped on the pair of light blue shorts with rips in them and then pulled on an off white shirt that had little holes in it.

I threaded a light tan belt through the belt loops and then grabbed a flannel shirt and pulled it on over my regular shirt.

I went to my closet and chose a pair of white sandals and put them on then slipped a necklace on with a triangle dangling from the chain.

I took one last look in the mirror before stepping out of my room and heading to the dinning hall.

£

"Will everyone please stop talking!" I said over everyone in the room.

Silence spread across the room like a disease. All eyes turned to me.

"I am not sure if you know this, but our beloved warrior, Brandon, is no longer with us."

There were shrieks and gasps popping up around the room. I felt my heart break and I didn't know if I could continue.

"He died while saving me, but I wasn't able to help-" I started choking on my emotions.

I could feel the tears threatening to spill. But I had to keep them at bay. These people can't see me cry, I'm their leader. I'm suppose to be strong for them.

"I wasn't able to help him in time. He knew he wasn't going to make it and took his life right then. I'm so sorry I couldn't save him. It all happened too quickly."

"You're a coward!" Someone shouted.

"It's your fault he's dead!" Another screamed.

The whole room filled with violent and destructive comments.

My mouth opened but I couldn't find anything to say.

How...

Why...

Is this really my fault?

I turned and ran, like a coward, to my room.

I slammed the door, locking it.

The tears were steaming down my face. I couldn't stop them.

My back pressed up against the door and then gravity took over, and my legs slid out from under me, causing me to slid to the floor.

I brought my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs.

My head bent forward and my forehead rested on my knees.

What was wrong with me?

Do I even deserve to carry and deliver his child?

Am I worthy?

What would he want?

"If only you were here..." I whispered.

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hey guys! Hope ya liked this update!

Poor Jai... Everyone is against her. What is going to happen?

Comment, vote, and follow me!

Thanks for reading!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️