Giving In

Hey guys! I am so sorry it took me so long to update! I was busy with school, but here it is finally!

Sorry if it seems short! But hopefully you'll like it!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️

"Hey, no! You can't do that!" I yelled.

Derek and I sat on his bed playing goldfish, and at the moment, he was cheating.

"Yes I can." He said, glancing up at me and then back down, a smile on his face.

"No, I'm pretty sure that is cheating."

"Oh? I don't think it is."

"No, you know it is." I said.

He laughed.

"Yes, I do, and yet, I'm getting away with it."

"No you're not."

"Oh? What are you going to do?"

I sat there and thought about it.

"I've got nothing." I said shrugging my shoulders.

He smiled and then his eyes locked on my shoulder.

I knew he wanted to know what the nurse had told me, but I wouldn't tell him.

I didn't want to risk losing him because of this. I didn't want him to become all protective of me. I can take care of myself.

"I'm not telling you." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because the info isn't important."

"Well, it's important enough that you're keeping it from me."

"It's my place to tell you. If I don't feel comfortable, then I don't have to." I replied.

He sighed, throwing his cards onto the bed. Then he scooped them all up and put them away.

"She said that I should be dead because I had been hit with a wolf bane bullet and stabbed with a knife coated in wolf bane. I have a gift that people would kill for, and because my eyes are a light electric purple, that I could be more powerful than you." I said quietly, yet loud enough for him to hear.

He walked back to the bed and sat down on the edge, averting his gaze from mine.

"Derek...?" I asked softly.

He didn't acknowledge me at all.

I crawled over to him on my hands and knees and sat close to him. I reached up and rested my hand on his shoulder. He slightly jerked away, making my hand fall to the bed.

Hurt, anger, and confusion flowed through me all at once.

I scooted to the side of the bed and slid off. My feet hit the floor and propelled me to his door.

I opened it and quickly fled through the opening.

This is why I didn't want to tell him anything! I've messed up!

~~~

I went back to my room and got dressed in a simple pair of black skinny jeans and a loose white t-shirt. I pulled on a light blue button up shirt over the white shirt, and then slipped a pair of boots on.

I went into the bathroom and brushed my hair out, then put it into a messy ponytail. I put on some eyeliner and mascara.

When I walked back into my room, I noticed that there was a note sitting on a leather jacket that wasn't on my bed before. I walked over to it cautiously and picked it up.

'Jaileigh, because your brother is now dead we need you to fill his spot being that you are the most powerful wolf left in the family blood line. Please come to the resistance. We promise that we will not attack you, seeing that you could kill us all easily.

We would appreciate it if you would come as soon as you got this note. We are in dire need of our new leader, and only you can lead us.

Higher Ranks'

I set the note down and turned my gaze towards the forest.

I can't go back! They tried to kill me! Going back would be like giving in.

Then the thought came to me:

No one wants me here.

No one would care.

I'll take myself and leave.

I picked up the jacket and slipped it on.

I grabbed my phone, shoving it into my pocket, then made my way to my door.

Before I left, I turned and took one more look at my room once more, before I closed the door and walked out into the rain. I slipped through the hole in the fence and briskly walked towards the only people who wanted me.

Maybe this would be my home.

Maybe these people will actually accept my flaws.

But is giving in to this a good idea?

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hello! Hope you liked!

Keeping up with school and three to four books is hard work!

Thank you to all of you who have kept up with reading this story! I am so thankful!

Is Jaileigh really giving into the place that had practically tried to kill her? Will she become the leader? And if so, what will she do?

Please comment and vote. Hit that follow button to follow me!

Thanks for reading everyone!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️