Will He?

There was a knock at my door, but I didn't say anything or even move to go open it. I was too weak. I had lost all strength to continue. I've lost all will to live. I just want to disappear.

The door opened and I mentally felt myself shrink back.

"Jaileigh?" I heard Malia's voice.

The last thing I wanted to deal with right now was questions.

"Oh my god! Jaileigh are you okay!" she screamed and ran over to me.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tears started slipping out again. All the pain had been forgotten until she asked that one question.

"Come on, get up." She said softly, and hooked her hands under my arms and lifting me off of the floor.

I got my feet under me and limped over to my bed, with her help. She set me down and her hands went towards my arms, but I flinched away.

She was the sister of the guy who allied with my brother. The sister of the guy who tricked me into thinking he liked me and gained my trust.

How do I know she isn't one of them?

"Jaileigh?" she said.

I looked up at her and saw confusion mixed with hurt and worry in her eyes.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"How do I know you're not one of them?" I whispered.

"One of who?"

"One of the resistance."

"I used to be, but I left when I found out what they were wanting. I was your friend, I wasn't going to do that to you." She whispered, squatting down and looking up at me.

"But Brandon..."

"I know. He is the only one of our family that is in it now. The other two don't know about it."

"You left because of-"

"Yes, because I wasn't going to do that to you. I know you love Derek. I would never do that to my best friend."

A small smile found its way to my lips.

She went for my arms again but this time I didn't resist. I watched as she took little shards out and then she got up and came back with peroxide.

After she had gotten the glass out of my legs, she took and dabbed my cuts with the peroxide and a cotton ball.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. I'd do anything for you. If you ever have any problems, come to me, I never push people away in their time of need."

"I will."

"What happened anyways? I mean, why where you on the floor in a pile of glass?"

"Well..." I started and faded off, "I almost got Derek killed because I didn't know my brothers intentions. And I fell for Brandon's little false façade. I don't know if Derek knows that I saved him and carried him on my back after I knocked them all out, but I did, and he doesn't even want to look at me anymore."

"That doesn't explain the broken glass."

"Oh, well I came in and started crying. Then I got up and tried walking to my bed, or something, and stumbled. I accidentally knocked the mirror off and landed in the shards. But I was too tired and weak to get up, so I just stayed there."

"Oh, Jaileigh. I know it's hard, but you can't stay focused on the bad things. Look at the good things."

"What good things?"

"Well, Derek is alive and so are you."

"I don't want to be."

"I know. But maybe he'll come back around."

"I hope so."

She sighed and stood up.

"Well, I'm going to lunch. Are you coming?"

"I won't eat, but yea. I'll be there in a minute."

"Okay." She said and left the room.

I sat on my bed for a minute and then hoisted myself up.

I trudged into the bathroom an took a quick shower.

£

"Come on, you have to eat something." Malia said, shoved a forkful of food into my face.

"I'm not hungry. I swear if you make me eat that, I'll throw up on you."

"Okay, okay. Fine, but you have to eat sometime, I mean, you're not going to starve yourself." She said and then her eyes grew wide and her head snapped sound and looked at me, "You won't, right?"

I shrugged and looked away from her and around the room.

"Jaileigh!"

"What?"

"You can't and you won't."

"You can't make me eat."

"I can't loose my best friend." She whispered.

"You won't." I told her.

"I better not." She said and we both laughed.

"Well, I'm going to go. See ya later!" I said and stood up.

I turned and started for the door, my stomach growling in response.

"Shh." I said to my stomach.

I must sound like a total idiot for 'talking' to my stomach! Oh well.

I walked through the cafeterias double doors and headed for the track.

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hey guys! Hope ya like it!

So did it surprise you that Malia was a part of the scheme to begin with? She left just for Jaileigh. That's so sweet!

Please comment and vote! Then slide on over and smack that follow button!

Thanks for reading guys!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️