On Top

I was getting close. I could hear people milling around in the open.

My steps became slow and more reserved the closer I got.

Did I really want to do this? I would be turning my back on everyone I care about.

I'd be turning my back on Derek.

I pushed that thought out of my mind and continued forward until I was standing at the edge of the forest, watching kids roll around in the mud, wrestling each other.

A small smile tugged at my lips.

They seemed so normal.

...but they weren't. They never would be.

"She's here!" one of them yelled.

My gaze landed on one of them sitting at attention in the mud, pointing at me.

Fear shot through me. Did I want to continue on with this? If I did, there would be no going back.

Suddenly a pair of dark double doors swung open and a group of people walked out.

"We are happy that you've decided to join us." The one leading the group spoke.

"Please, come with us." He said and then they all turned around and made their way back into the building.

The kids scattered across the open area and into a nearby cabin.

I stood there for a moment, until I made my feet move forward.

£

"Please sign here, here, and here." He said.

I took the pen from him and grabbed the paper. Leaning back in the comfy chair I assumed was Alex's before me, I held the paper up and read through it.

After I was done, I set it back down and looked around the room at the men and women that stood there watching my every move.

"Is there a problem?" one of the women asked.

"Do I really have to sign this?"

"Well, no... but we strongly recommend it." She said quietly.

"Why?" I asked, my eyes trained on her, and only her.

I watched as her face paled, and her eyes grew wide with fear.

"Well... so we, uh know that you won't rebel-"

"You think I would rebel against you! I came here willingly. If I wanted nothing to do with you, I wouldn't be here!" I yelled at her.

Everyone in the room flinched away from me.

"I-I'm sorry."

"Whatever, but I'm not signing this. I'm not a backstabber like my brother." I stated.

Standing up and setting the pen on the sheet of paper, I pushed it to the center of the table and walked out of the room.

I stopped halfway down the hall and turned around, making my way back into the room.

"Can we help you?" the lady I had yelled at asked quietly.

"I don't know where my room is." I said.

"Oh! I can show you!" I heard a voice from somewhere inside the room, but I didn't see anyone that it belonged to.

Then out from behind a few women wearing high heels, stepped a girl about my age. She had beautiful chocolate brown hair and piercing blue eyes. She was pale but it looked good for her. Maybe just a little tanner would be okay, but other than that, it wouldn't look good.

"Thank you." I said.

She smiled and then exited the room with me.

We walked down the hallway as she walked me to my room.

£

"Elizabeth!" I yelled across the large expanse of the cafeteria.

Her brunette head snapped around and her bright blue eyes found mine.

I watched as a smile appeared on her lips, and felt a small smile form on mine.

I'm so glad someone is my friend here. They all probably think I'm going to be a tyrant like my brother. And I guess that yelling earlier like I did probably wasn't a good idea. But I was determined not to become like my brother.

I would be a better leader than he ever was.

I sauntered over to her and sat down.

"What are you doing?" she asked quietly.

"Sitting with my friend." I replied.

"You can't with me." She said.

"What? Why not?" I asked, hurt filling my tone.

"Because you're practically royalty and royalty doesn't sit with her servants." She explained.

"Well, I don't care. If I can't sit at this table, then you're to come sit with me." I told her.

"But I-"

"I am your leader, and you are to obey me. Are you not?" I stated with a smile on my face.

I saw relief flash through her eyes and a smile appeared on her face once more. We both stood up and she lead me to where I was supposed to sit.

We walked up I don't even know how many steps until we came to a platform that overlooked the enter room.

There was a small table near one edge. A clear glass railing, about rib cage height surrounded the area, sealing us in.

"Sit." I told her.

She obeyed by moving across the space and sitting at one end of the table. I joined her, sitting across from her.

We ordered our food and talked while we ate. We ended up having a lame pickup line contest.

"You are to eat up here with me every day okay?" I told her.

"Okay." She said and smiled.

I smiled back.

I was on top, and I had someone to keep me feeling like a normal person.

This might not be as bad as I thought it would be.

⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Hey guys! Since I felt so bad for not updating for that long, I am updating today. Idk when I'll update again. Hopefully soon!

Hope you liked it!

She is the leader of the Resistance. What will happen? Does anyone care that she's gone??

Please comment and vote! Follow me by hitting that lovely follow button!!

Thanks for reading!!
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️💋⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️