Unexpected Twist

We walked for about ten minutes along a path that was familiar to me.

Soon I could see the clearing that held the cabins. I started to slow down; something felt off. I don't know what, but something did.

"Is everything all right?" Derek asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, yea, everything is fine." I said, a little too quickly.

It felt like I was trying to convince myself more than I was him.

We walked into the clearing and Derek looked at me confused.

"What is th-"

He was cut off when something attacked him, and tackled him to the ground. I turned to go after him, but someone grabbed ahold of me and held me back.

I whipped my head around to see Allison holding me.

"What are you doing? Let me go, I have to help Derek."

"No." she simply stated.

"What? Why not?"

She opened her mouth to reply but stopped when Alex waked out of one of the cabins.

"Alex, tell her to let me go so I can go help Derek. And tell your 'mutt' to get off of him!" I yelled at my brother.

"Why would I do that?"

"Don't you want him alive?"

He threw his head back and let out a horrible sounding noise that was supposed to be a laugh.

"No." he said and looked me straight in the eyes.

I looked at him in complete shock.

"What..." I asked, breathless.

"Did you really think we wanted him to make him a part of our ranks? He rules over us, why would we add him to the ranks? He'd still be over us. We wanted him to kill him; and you helped."

"You said-!"

"I know exactly what I said. But I said it to trick you into thinking you were helping him and us. You wouldn't have deceived him into coming here if I would have told you my actual plan, now would you?"

"Why? Why would you do this?"

"Why would I do this? Why would I... he exiled me! He barley gave me a chance at life! How could I not do this?" he yelled, water pouring down his face.

The light mist that had been coming down when Derek and I had left had now turned into actual rain. It had soaked through Derek's coat and my clothes. My hair was lying limply over my shoulders as a stringy mess, and clung to the side of my face and forehead.

"That doesn't mean you kill him!" I screamed at my brother.

"Well, it's too late. He's here because of you. Why waste my chance?"

"Let him go and take me instead!" I screamed, tears filling my eyes, and making my vision blurry.

My brother had started walking towards Derek, who had been strapped to a tree, and turned towards me.

"You would rather die than let him die?" he asked, shock, confusion, and disgust in his voice.

"Yes, I would rather die than let him die."

"You love this piece of shit?" he asked.

"Yea, I do." I retorted.

He just laughed, and turned his back on me.

Something inside me snapped and all those years of being alone and believing that I had no one left, came back to me. He left me! He turned his back on me!

And he just did it again.

Something inside me changed and I felt different. Somehow I broke free from Allison's grasp and lunged at Alex. My hand wrapped around his neck and we both went to the ground.

"You left me! You abandoned me! You took everything I could have had away from me." I screamed.

I had him pinned to the ground with a strength I didn't even know I had. He took one look at me and I saw the color form his face drain and he became extremely pale.

I heard gasps from somewhere behind me or maybe in front of me. I don't know, all I know is that I wasn't going to let Alex take the one thing I had left to live for away.

I struck out at him and as soon as my fist came into contact with his jawline, and I heard a crunch, I knew I had broken something, but I didn't care at the moment.

The blow had knocked him out and now was my chance to make my move.

I stood up and spun on the ball of my right foot, using the momentum to swing my leg up and kick Allison in the face, sending her to the ground.

I turned and stood ten feet away from Brandon.

"Why? Why would you do this to me?" I asked him.

"I-I didn't know." He said, but I wasn't buying it.

"You know, I would love to be gullible and believe you, but I'm afraid I can't."

His face turned from confused and not knowing what was happening to anger.

He lunged at me and I dodged with ease. He moves exactly like Alpha Sean. So I'm going to fight him like that. I'm glad Derek kicked my ass all those times, I've gotten pretty good at fighting because of it.

I grabbed ahold of his wrist when he went to punch me and turned around, putting my back to him, and flipping him over my shoulder. Without thinking it over, I planted my foot in his stomach and when he sat up, clutching his stomach, I put my foot to the side of his face, knocking him out.

I looked around to find that everyone else had fled and there wasn't anyone else to fight.

I turned to Derek to find that he was unconscious. I cut the ropes and broke the chains that held him to the tree and put him across my back as best as I could. Taking a deep breath, I started for the school as fast as I could go.

I hope Derek will forgive me for this.

💎💎💎💎💎💋💎💎💎💎💎
Hey guys! Hope ya liked it!

Will Derek ever forgive her for almost getting him killed? Was he conscious while Jaileigh an Alex were fighting? Does he know she didn't know?

What's going to happen next? Read the next chapter to find out!

Please comment and vote! Then slide on over and smack that follow button!

Thanks for reading guys!!!
💎💎💎💎💎💋💎💎💎💎💎