Chapter 29: Defence

How many days have gone by? I don't have a way of telling the time from inside this place I want to escape from.

I am tired and dizzy, being trapped in here is not healing my state of health at all.

"Let me out." I beg as I bash my fist against the door. The vibrations of the impact run to my head and shoulder as they lean against the door that won't stay unlocked.

"Let me out." I repeat, doing the same swift motion as I speak.

The darkness is starting to try and take my oxygen away and suffocate me. It's become too long to be in the dark.
"Please. Let me out!" I beg one last time before taking my decision to give up.

I crawl to back to where I normally situate myself, letting sobs escape my mouth. Sitting, my eyes scan the black room around me.

Thoughts about Peeta begins to accumulate my mind. He going to wonder what I haven't contacted him. He probably doesn't want to speak to me again because of this.

"The one perfect relationship I finally have I'm my life is RUNIED!" I scream and hit the floor with my hands.

Pain shoots up my already sore hands and I let out a small cry. My sobs get louder and I place my hands over my face. I shake my head and bend over. Having enough of the world.

Closing my eyes isn't helping, I'm still surrounded by darkness. I'll never know if I'm dead or alive.

"LET. ME. OUT! ANYBODY!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I look towards the door, breathing hard and anger taking over me. Screaming I get up and run towards the door. I purposefully run myself into it, not moving it an inch.

I'm going insane.

I'm going insane.

I place my hands in my hair and lean against the door. I shake my head over and over.

"PEETA!" I wail, no longer caring if anyone is listening. "I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND I'M SO SORRY." I state like they were my last words.
"What we had was wonderful. I couldn't ask for anything more from you. You're my everything. If we'd never spoken or seen each other after the dance, I wouldn't be saying this at all." Tears once again stream down my face at the thought of not seeing him again.
"We crossed some dangerous bridges to get where we are. I don't regret a thing." I lean my head back against the wall behind me and I hug my body, wanting his warmth so bad.
"If this is my end, I'm sorry I'm leaving you. I never wanted to." I whisper before a hear a smash from the other side of the room.

My head turns toward the sound and quickly raise my arms to protect my eyes from the immediate meeting with light.

Soon I drop my arms and immediately see a silhouette slowly closing the distance between us.
I gasp and slowly slid along the way, trying to lengthen this distance. Yet the person comes closer.
The person doesn't speak but just walks.

I reach the corner and can't move as the person becomes too close to move.

I let a whimper and lower myself to crouch on the ground. My arms defensively protect my body slowly as I let out a single plead. "Please don't hurt me." I close my eyes at the thought that a body part they own is to come in contact with my body.

Though instead I freeze at the voice, not hearing it or any for so long.

"Katniss."