Chapter 25: Only One Person

"Love you." I murmur to my fiancé and we share a quick kiss.

"Love you too." He states before I run into the house and he takes off in the opposite direction.
I watch him just before I head in and see him turn around to wave at me. I wave back with a wide smile before continuing to watch his body disappear into the darkness.

I slowly open the door and slip in. A maid notices the door movement but shrugs when she sees it's me. I quickly scan the bottom floor and see one of the people I could talk to about this. The only one person who knows about my relationship with Peeta.

"Poppy! Poppy!" I exclaim and run down the hall from the front door to meet her.

"Katniss?" Poppy confusingly asks as she sees me looking so happy. I grab her arm and pull her into the corner of the wall.

"You won't believe what just has happened!" I quietly exclaim and can't wipe the smile off of my face.

"What? What happened?" She asks again slight concerned for me. I glance around, making sure the coast is clear. I then grab my necklace chain which I placed the ring on to hide from my family and show her.

Her mouth drops open and she places the key and ring in the palm of her hand. "Promise ring?" she questions and looks up to me. I shake my head in a no.

"Engagement." She immediately hugs me as she hears the one worded answer.

"How did he do it!?" She whispers before leading me into the nearest room. We enter a silent and dark room. Poppy closes the door and flicks the light switch on before I speak up.

"It was out in the woods. There were candles and cherry blossoms scattered around everywhere. He handed me a small scroll which told me he loved me and then I turned around and he was on one knee." I explain, maybe a bit too fast, and Poppy sighs in awe.

"How amazing!" She gushes. "Can you put the ring on?" She suggests and I take off my necklace. I slide the ring off before attaching my necklace around my neck again. I take the ring and place it on my ring finger as Poppy comes over to admire it.

"Wow!" She exclaims and she examines the ring now on my finger.

"You don know how happy I am right now. Don't break this mood." I warn and we share a quick laugh.

"Well we better separate before anyone notices were gone for too much longer." Poppy shrugs and, making the room dark again, we exit. I cover my hand that has my engagement ring on before running down the hall and upstairs to my room.

Once I enter I collapse on my bed and stretch to grab my phone. I unlock it and start texting Peeta.

'Thank you for such an amazing night Peeta. Still admiring the ring.' he almost replies immediately.

'No problem my fiancée. Remember nothing is more gorgeous than you. ;) ' I smile before thinking of what to write.

'Love you, my only love.'

'Love you too, my wife to be.' I blush at the word wife. It seems to weird, yet it's hopefully soon to become a reality.

Sometime soon I am to be married to my Peeta Mellark.

The past enemy but present ally.

BIG CHAPTER COMING UP NEXT + only 4 more chapters to go!