Chapter 20: The Agreement

I am jolted awake by the sound of the door. I nearly scream knowing someone is seeing Peeta and I in bed. But he's not beside me. I sit up and turn my attention to the bathroom. I sigh when I see him walking towards the bed.

"Thank goodness." I exclaim and Peeta wraps his arms around me when he reaches it.

"Morning." Peeta greets me and we share a quick kiss.

"Morning." I add when our lips separate. "I thought you'd gone." I add Peeta shakes his head.

"No. I wouldn't have gone without saying goodbye." He answer and I smile. Peeta sits beside me on the bed and I lean against his side.

"I love you." I state and kiss him again.

"Love you too." He replies and he presses his nose to mine. I chuckle at the gesture. "How about you go get ready and we can go to the bakery?" Peeta suggests and I sit up, looking at him like he is totally insane.

"Peeta. Seriously? Your family -"

"My parents are out of town for the week and my brothers will befriend you easily enough. Please Katniss. I want you to see it." Peeta begs. When I don't answer straight away he pouts

"Okay, okay." I give in and stand up, giving him a kiss once again.

"You shall help me choose what to wear though since your so desperate." I state and pull him off the bed. I lead him to the wardrobe. I open it up and we both get in. I watch as he looks in awe at the amount of gowns I have. Peeta focuses on one and shows it to me. A sleeveless plain blue gown.

"Other side Peeta." I joke and he pouts again as I disagree with his outfit choice. I quietly laugh and he walks to the other side.

In a matter of minutes he shows me his second choice. A long short sleeve white shirt and denim jeans. I smile and nod at him, accepting. He smiles and carefully slips them off their hangers. I go up to him and take them from his hands. "I'll be a minute." I alert him and walk towards to door.

I open a drawer and get out a plain tank top before going into the bathroom. I close the door and change. I put on natural looking makeup before walking out. I find him sitting on the bed holding a scarf in his hand. He look up when he hears the door open.

"Can you also wear this?" Peeta asks and I nod. I take the grey scarf from him and wrap it around my neck, also placing on my black ballet flats from where I left them yesterday. I then walk over to my dresser and sit down.

Quickly wrapping my hair in a lazy bun, I admire my look chosen by Peeta. It fits me nicely. I see Peeta appear behind me reflection in the mirror. His hands go to my hair and he slips two strands from where they were tied up and let them flow freely at each side of my head. I smile wider and Peeta leans down to kiss my cheek.

"I love your sense of style Peeta Mellark." I comment and Peeta smirks.

"Well I do work with fashion." Peeta jokes and I laugh, my hand playfully slapping his shoulder and he pulls away like it hurt him.

"Ouch!" He exclaims and rubs his shoulder. Even though it wasn't hard.

"Come on." I stand up and face him. I touch his shoulder gently before placing a soft kiss on it. "Better?"

"Much better." Peeta replies and we both walk towards to door. I open it first and poke my head out to check.

I follow the volume of noise and know it might be far enough away for no one to catch us. I grab Peeta's hand and we run to the door and make a quick exit. No one spotting us or that's what I thought.